Full-Time Occupational Therapist – Auckland
- Permanent, full-time
- Maungawhau office (Mt Eden) and Albany office – Auckland
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Learning Support is a critical part of the Sector Enablement and Support Group in the Ministry. We are charged with leading the education sector in ensuring that children and young people with additional learning needs are supported to achieve their full potential through education.
Our Learning Support specialists work closely with families, whānau, caregivers, schools and early childhood educators in English and Māori medium settings and other agencies to help maximise learning outcomes and promote social inclusion.
About this role
As an Occupational Therapist you will play a critical role in our region’s Learning Support team by:
- supporting parents and whanau, teachers and schools to meet the learning support needs of children and young people
- developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with a range of professional partners, community and sector groups and support agencies to ensure that services are coordinated and effective
- enhancing inclusive practices in early learning services, schools and other educational settings
- providing professional support and guidance to schools, teachers and families and providing appropriate specialist intervention plans
- working effectively as part of a transdisciplinary team.
To be successful you will need:
- a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent as approved by the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand
- to be registration with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand and to hold a current practicing certificate
- the ability to translate specialist knowledge into practical information
- the ability to co-ordinate service provision in a multi-agency, trans-disciplinary setting
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with children, young people and their families and teachers across a diverse range of settings
- the ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga.
What can we offer you?
We offer a competitive salary and terms and conditions. In addition, our specialists tell us they value the following:
- ‘The ability to make a positive difference in the lives of children, young people and their whānau and contribute to system-wide change is a huge plus’
- ‘The Ministry offers a strong community of practice and the support of a large organisation so I never feel isolated or alone’
- ‘I really value the ability to work closely with specialists from other disciplines. It enhances my own practice and thinking’
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information, please contact Janice Bates at (09) 632 9343 or email email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/647091_JobDesc.pdf If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close at midnight on Wednesday, 29 January 2020.
141 total views, 5 today