Full-Time National Programme Co-ordinator Nursing and Health Sciences
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
National Programme Co-ordinator Nursing and Health Sciences
(This position carries the alternative title of Director Nursing and Health Sciences)
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution providing a dynamic learning environment where students discover their own potential for educational success. Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is also unique in the tertiary education landscape in New Zealand as it offers education programmes from level 1 (adult and community education) through to level 10 (doctorate).
The Nursing and Health Sciences Programme is about to lose an outstanding leader. Are you the exceptional leader who will take up this exciting opportunity to contribute to the next chapter in the Programme’s story?
If you want to;
- Work with a dynamic education provider
- Shape the future of Māori nursing in New Zealand
- Be based in Whakatāne
and be part of a transformative approach to educational leadership in New Zealand, where āhuatanga Māori is at the heart of everything the organisation does. Where “Students discovering their own potential for education success and to proudly stand together with all people of the world”
Then read on.
Reporting to the Head of School Undergraduate Studies, the National Programme Co-ordinator Nursing and Health Sciences will lead the ongoing delivery and development of Te Ōhanga Mataora Paetahi, Bachelor of Health Science Māori (Nursing) and other and Health Sciences courses to meet specific stakeholder needs.
Te Ōhanga Mataora Paetahi, Bachelor of Health Science Māori (Nursing) is a professional qualification accredited by the New Zealand Nursing Council and the New Zealand Qualifications Authority and is becoming highly regarded amongst the communities it serves. It is perfectly poised to contribute to the Ministry of Health’s expectations of an increased Māori health workforce.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following criteria;
- New Zealand Registered Nurse
- Practicing certificate
- Masters Degree in nursing, or health management qualification
- Proven leadership and management experience in health/nursing profession
- Tertiary teaching experience in health sciences
- Project management experience
- Primary health care experience
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for nurse training
- Knowledge of strategic planning and workforce development skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate change at a strategic level
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of tikanga and conversational ability in Te Reo Maori
- Current knowledge of nursing & midwifery professional development issues
- Understanding of government health policy and strategic direction
- Demonstrated research skills
- Knowledge of quality improvement systems and processes
- Financial and budget management experience
With further development required to broaden the suite of Health Science programmes on offer you will have the opportunity to apply your inspirational leadership style to ensure staff are fully supported in their roles and are providing outstanding outcomes for students.
We are seeking an authentic values-based leader who is able to demonstrate previous relevant success in leadership.
In return, you will be supported by a highly functioning, leadership team and will thrive in an environment that promotes and encourages the highest level of academic achievement.
On offer, is a salary package positioned to attract the highest level of applicant, within an organisation that is committed to providing a supportive, healthy working environment, where targeted professional and skills development programmes are encouraged.
Applications for this role close on Thursday 31 August 2017 at 5:00pm
How to ApplyPlease contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your updated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com. Applications for this role close on Thursday 31 August 2017 at 5:00pm
1110 total views, 1 today