Full-Time National Accreditation Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
National Accreditation Manager
- Newly created position.
- Flexible work location (3 days in Wellington, 2 days from home)
- Experience in a central government agency and understanding of the political system?
- Highly analytical and diagnostic skill set?
Implement and manage accreditation programmes, standards and initiatives to deliver high quality assurance functions across the wider social sector.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. Supporting the Government to set priorities across the sector, co-ordinate the actions of other social sector agencies and track changes in the social wellbeing of New Zealanders.
The Ministry provides policy advice and delivers social services and assistance to the broadest range of New Zealand’s across whānau and communities, serving over a million people, via 160 centers around the country.
The National Accreditation Manager reports to the General Manager, Social Services Accreditation, which sits within the corporate solutions group. The group consists of functions across many areas such as; HR Finance, IT, Health and Safety, and Legal and is responsible for supporting the accreditation of Social Services providers and delivering business coaching to government agencies.
The position has a broad operational remit within the direct business group, providing Social Services Accreditation (SSA) – an accreditation service, assessing government social service providers. This service is tasked with providing both government, and communities with the assurance that providers deliver both safe and quality services. The unit is accountable to a Board representing the Agencies who purchase the service, with an independent Chair.
The National Accreditation Manager is responsible for providing leadership and driving performance for the accreditation team. Supporting the General Manager – SSA to develop, implement and manage accreditation programmes, standards and initiatives to deliver high quality assurance functions across the wider social sector. Proactively leading to complete provider accreditations within the agreed framework, you will ensure robust, quality services are delivered from providers who are funded and contracted by MSD.
Leading the design, implementation and evaluation of accreditation strategies and initiatives, you will reflect best practice by balancing Government and NGO sector expectations and the legislative requirements in line with the Ministry’s strategy.
Taking complex ideas and turning into operational actions, you will attain engagement, commitment and buy-in from relevant stakeholders. Designing and delivering consolidated programmes of work, you will lead process improvements and create solutions by developing standardised frameworks and processes that are fit for purpose, efficient and effective in order to achieve the long-term strategic direction of the group.
Key requirements and experience pre-requisite for application are to include:
- Experience in accreditation compliance as it relates to legislative and policy requirements.
- The proven ability to identify risk and escalated issues, provide root cause analysis, and the implement protocols to manage and minimise impact.
- Demonstrated experience at a senior level developing and leading teams.
- Experience in the initiation, development and implementation of strategies and initiatives in a government or NGO setting.
- Able to identify and define problems, provide resolutions, and make decisions through sound and appropriate judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to stand apart from the immediacy of situations and take a broad or long-term view, foreseeing opportunities and developing workable solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi in national and regional affairs within historical and contemporary settings.
- An understanding of the strategic issues facing the Government and the Ministry and a sound understanding of the machinery of government and the public sector delivery structures and systems.
- Skilled in framework set up and implementation, continuous improvement and risk/issue management.
- A high level of computer literacy across the Microsoft suite.
- The demonstrated ability as a people influencer.
- Highly developed interpersonal and decision-making skill
With the ability to navigate and manage complex working relationships with people at all levels within the Government, public and non-government sectors and with community interest groups and networks, you will foster a collaborative style of working as a cornerstone of the position.
Knowledge of the development and implementation of across agency strategic approaches to accreditation is required, as is your highly developed strategic leadership aptitude. Your ability to stand apart from the day-to-day issues and identify strategic issues affecting your team, you will work through both operational and strategic lenses simultaneously.
A remuneration package is positioned to attract a high level of applicant.
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Heather Walker email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV and Cover letter to Heather Walker email: email@example.com or phone (09) 632 1108 for a confidential discussion.
1019 total views, 1 today