Full-Time Mental Health Professional – Sexual Harm (Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Someone out there needs you! Are you ready to answer the call?
- Full or part-time, attractive hourly rate (includes penals)
- Office based (Akl, Wgtn or Chch) or work from home options available
- Experienced sexual harm professionals
- Provide trauma informed support and links to service care providers
About Homecare Medical
Homecare Medical is a leading New Zealand healthcare organisation. We bring together a range of national helplines, including Alcohol Drug Helpline, Depression.org.nz, The Lowdown, The Journal, Gambling Helpline, Quitline and Healthline, to deliver 24/7 support through registered nurses and specialists, online and over the phone. It’s a fresh, connected approach to healthcare.
What you’ll be doing
As a Professional you must have experience in Trauma, Sexual Harm and Mental Health as you’ll be giving crucial support, care and advice to people who really need it.
In this dynamic and diverse role, you’ll be working in shifts to provide 24/7 support across a range of essential services as part of the National Telehealth Service but with a heavy focus on Sexual Harm your skill-set will include the following:
- Knowledge of the dynamics of sexual harm, risk factors and safety planning in a community context
- Being trauma informed, understand and recognise the immediate and cumulative impacts of trauma that result from sexual harm
- Having the personal characteristics and skills to engage (therapeutically) with a cross-section of people in order to maximise the effectiveness of the support provided (for example, the client, their family/whānau/support person)
- A good knowledge and understanding of Māori models of care, and experience of their practical application
- Understanding the issue of secondary/vicarious trauma and can demonstrate good work/life balance and self-care and utilises workplace support and supervision
To succeed in this role
To carry out this role effectively, you’ll need the following:
- Relevant and completed qualification in Counselling, Addictions, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Occupational Therapy or Social Work
- Current registration with a professional body or a health profession
- Three or more years experience in a Trauma, Sexual Violence and Mental Health role
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence to work with technology, tools, and resources
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Previous experience working with Māori and Pasifika clients
Working in a collaborative team situation, you’ll have exceptional support, with ongoing guidance and coaching.
You can also look forward to the following:
- Being part of a growing and well-respected national organisation
- A superb culture that celebrates success
- A supportive and experienced management team
- Working with a strong multi-disciplinary team
- Professional development and career growth opportunities.
- Work using leading edge technology
- Nights and weekends have penal rates
Sound like you?
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to improve the lives and wellbeing of New Zealanders, this could be the perfect role for you. We’d love to hear from you!
Please apply via our Careers site here https://careers.homecaremedical.co.nz/
How to ApplySound like you? If you're ready for a challenge and want to improve the lives and wellbeing of New Zealanders, this could be the perfect role for you. We'd love to hear from you! Please apply via our Careers site here https://careers.homecaremedical.co.nz/
513 total views, 2 today