Full-Time Media Advisor – Engagement
- Fixed-term – two years
- Opportunity to work in a varied role, providing excellent customer service
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land carrying a value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
The Engagement team, as part of the EIS Business Services team, provides support across all business units and contributes to better education outcomes by working on a range of customer centric initiatives.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Business Improvement, the Media Advisor coordinates all media responses between EIS and the central media team and will take a lead in supporting EIS business units with their media requests.
Your key priorities will include:
- providing high quality and timely media advice to EIS business units
- monitoring media sources on a continuing basis, identifying themes, and providing suggestions, recommendations, or prompting the EIS engagement team with ways to be proactive
- understanding the media needs of EIS and assigned business units in order to ensure those needs are reflected in planned media activities and responses
- identifying potential risks, providing advice, and suggesting mitigation actions
- coordinating media responses on behalf of EIS ensuring appropriate sign off
- supporting the communication of strategic achievements and successes.
You will have a relevant qualification and/or experience in a relevant position.
You will also offer:
- relevant experience in providing internal and external media advice and support
- good and relevant experience in managing stakeholder risks, issues and opportunities, and contributing to the development and implementation of plans to ensure risks are mitigated
- exceptional writing skills, driven to produce work of a high standard, and with energy to deliver high volumes of work for extended periods of time
- strong interpersonal skills that will help you partner with the business, ensuring early engagement and the ability to provide proactive engagement support
- the ability to deal effectively with pressure and multiple deadlines through good time management and prioritisation.
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser - https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/602841_JobDesc.pdf For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com Applications close midnight - Sunday, 30 September 2018.
115 total views, 5 today