Permanent Marketing Content Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and skilled Content Writer / Content Specialist to join the high-performing Business School Communications and Marketing team as a Marketing Content Manager. This is your opportunity to step up into a leadership role and lead the Content Team in developing dynamic and authentic digital and print content that effectively showcases the faculty’s teaching, research and departmental offerings and activities to multiple audiences.
This unique opportunity to further develop your skills and lead a small team will see you:
- Develop and manage the content strategy and execution of all Business School marketing, communications, and events content on all platforms (traditional and digital) with the Communications and Marketing Manager and business owners across the Business School
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager on strategic content projects to support the Business School communication and engagement objectives
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching for a Content Team of three, including two Content Writers and a Digital Content Specialist
- Supporting the development and execution of all Business School marketing, communications, and events content on all platforms (traditional and digital)
- Support with the management, development, maintenance and accuracy of the Business Schools internet and intranet sites including project management of redevelopments
- Content creation including working alongside the faculty Communications and Marketing content team, University media productions and external suppliers to create print, video, photographic and web content for all Business School content mediums and channels, including development of the appropriate briefs
- Seek out opportunities to promote Business School content including Research through external media via a close working relationship with the Business School’s Media Adviser.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Position Description.
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About the team
The University of Auckland Business School has an unconditional commitment to quality teaching and research in topics that are forward-focused and relevant to the commercial world today.
He kōrero mōu | About you
You will thrive in large complex organisations and enjoy creating and leading and implementing marketing strategies. You will be confident in your digital marketing skills and have the experience to back it.
Your excellent written communication skills will have you producing quality content and you will use this to help you manage the research, copywriting, editing and proof reading for all digital and print publications and promotional material in line with relevant policies and in collaboration with subject matter experts and content owners.
You will have a continuous improvement mindset and work collaboratively to achieve strategic initiatives.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
Ideal candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree with strong writing experience.
- Experience working in an environment requiring high levels of customer service delivery.
- Experience across a diverse range of marketing and advertising activities including digital and print.
- High level project management experience.
- Previous experience working in a large and complex organisation.
- Understanding of the New Zealand tertiary education sector would be preferred.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices (including working from home, flexible hours)
- Up to 6.75% company superannuation scheme
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
In addition, we also offer career development programmes, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits
Waipapa Taumata Rau | The University of Auckland
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday, 24th July 2022 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and your CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
Please reach out to Steven McLean via email@example.com for a confidential conversation. Please note we are happy to answer your questions’ but we do not accept applications by email.
In response to COVID-19 the New Zealand Government imposed travel restrictions but have recently announced a five-step plan for a phased border re-opening. This phased re-opening will take some time and this may alter the nature of the standard interview process for offshore candidates, particularly at the on-site interview stage. To see how this might affect your application and for more information and updates on the border restrictions and phased re-opening, please visit the Immigration New Zealand website or the New Zealand Government’s official Covid-19 website.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday, 24th July 2022
145 total views, 1 today