Full-Time Māori Research Services Librarian
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Research Services Team | Te Mātāpuna – Library and Learning Services, AUT
Kia Hiwa rā, Kia Hiwa rā
Nei rā te karanga o Te Mātāpuna o Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makaurau ki te tangata e mātau ana ki te mahi rangahau i ngā kaupapa māori. E kimi ana mātou i tētahi kaimahi hei tautoko i te rōpū mahi rangahau i te whare pukapuka o te whare wānanga nei.
He Angitūtanga – The Opportunity
We are seeking a knowledgeable and experienced person for a rewarding role in our newly formed Research Services team. They will provide knowledge, skills, and experience in functional areas of academic research support, particularly as it pertains to Māori contexts.
Ko te tūranga mahi – In this position you will:
- Provide expertise and advice in support of kaupapa Māori research
- Provide Māori-specific advice and guidance on a range of research support and scholarly communications areas
- Contribute to a team of research and scholarly communications librarians informed by Te Tiriti o Waitangi values and aspirations, in delivering a support to a diverse research community.
Ko wai mātou – who are we?
Research Services is a collective of research support, scholarly communications and copyright librarians. Framed by AUT’s values of tika, pono and aroha, we provide agile, informed and inclusive support to AUT’s postgraduate and staff research communities.
You will be based at our Waihorotiu City Campus but may need to work at our other campuses from time to time.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako (Skills and experience) – This position requires:
- Have, or be working towards, understanding and knowledge of Tikanga and Te Reo Māori
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to research
- A recognised, relevant undergraduate degree
- Whanaungatanga: relationship building and interpersonal skills, and a desire to learn
Salary range: $54,722 – $81,127 (appointment level and salary commensurate with skills and experience)
Closing Date: 27 November 2023, at 11:55pm
*Full-time denotes 37.5 hours per week
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to te Tiriti, excellence and inclusivity and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyApply HERE. Applications close: 27 November 2023, at 11:55pm
106 total views, 0 today