Full-Time Māori Community Liaison Advisor
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is a contemporary, connected, and relevant study destination with more than 30,000 students and over 2,500 staff spread over three main campuses. AUT is focused on providing exceptional student learning experiences and ensuring graduates are highly desirable and employable to the industries and communities that we serve.
A fantastic opportunity has become available in the School of Sport and Recreation to join a dynamic and passionate team of academic and professional staff in the pivotal role as Māori Community Liaison Advisor. This role will be integral to ensuring our School is well positioned to fulfil our responsibilities to te Tiriti o Waitangi. As a School, we are committed to working in close partnership with Tangata whenua by embracing te reo me onā tikanga through Mātauranga Māori across all aspects of the work we do.
In this newly created permanent role, the Māori Community Liaison Advisor will support the Head of School and Associate Head of School (Māori Advancement) in the development of teaching and research in a structured and supportive way that honours Te Tiriti o Waitangi. The successful candidate will do this through high-level relationship engagement with relevant communities (Iwi, hapū, whānau, hapori), industry partners, and Māori stakeholders. The understanding and use of appropriate tikanga in the development and strengthening of these partnerships is critical from the outset, to enable us to be able to authentically (protect and embed Māori rights, interests and aspirations in our teaching, research, and student capabilities.
The successful candidate will have
- Strong understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong understanding of te reo me onā tikanga and/or be willing to deepen your understanding in this space
- Effective relationship engagement skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to collaboration and working in a team
- Ability to react and respond quickly and effectively to project and stakeholder needs as well as be adaptable to changes in systems and processes
- A current driver’s licence and have access to transport.
In return AUT offers
- A supportive, people focused working environment
- Free study options and professional development workshops
- Free gym membership across our North, City and South campus gyms
- Flexible working schemes
- Insurance discounts and special banking packages
- Access to five free confidential wellbeing sessions through EAP Employee Assistance programme
AUT will require successful applicants to provide proof of full COVID vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Closing Date: 22 May 2022, at 11:55pm
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to inclusivity and the Treaty of Waitangi and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE Closing Date: 22 May 2022, at 11:55pm
483 total views, 3 today