Fixed-term Māori Capability Lead – Māori Engagement Strategy
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Māori Capability Lead – Māori Engagement Strategy
Scope out and design organisational work plans for the Māori Engagement strategy over the next 5 years within an innovative and forward-thinking Ministry.
- Specialised in the development of mātauranga Māori?
- Skilled in needs and gap analysis?
- Short-term contract, based in Wellington.
This Ministry is embarking on the implementation of a Māori engagement strategy. The newly created contract position will be responsible for the lead and delivery of a capability needs/gap analysis and provide recommendations and an implementation plan.
You will manage an organisation wide capability needs analysis of mātauranga Māori capability; identifying and recommending competencies that will be required and providing further granular level analysis of which areas of the organisation require this expertise. Providing recommendations on how to best align mātauranga capability via the refresh of the Ministry’s organisational capability framework, your subject matter expertise and highly developed cultural competency will be extremely well regarded.
Skills and experience required by the applicant are to include:
- Previous experience working within HR – or a post-graduate degree in human resources/equivalent qualification from an interrelated field.
- An in-depth understanding of mātauranga Māori competencies.
- Experience working with institutions specialising in the development of mātauranga Māori.
- Skilled in the development of capability frameworks.
- Expertise in applying research methodologies and analysis.
- Proficiency in project management & strategic planning.
- Have implemented capability stock take, including the design of organisational surveys.
Experience in workforce planning and strategic management, via a HR lens would be highly regarded.
Ultimately, you will provide recommendations on how the gaps may be addressed in the short, medium and long term, via the delivery of a comprehensive implementation plan to uplift capability and impact. Developing and maintaining solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to advance the project objectives and recommendations, you’ll be able to work between two world view lenses.
This contract role will enable you to steer a sustainable change of culture, from top down and bottom up, embedding mātauranga Māori capability across a large, government organisation.
How to ApplyPlease email your CV with accompanying cover letter through to Heather Walker firstname.lastname@example.org or make direct contact on Ph: (09) 632 1108 for a confidential conversation. Applications Close: Monday 15th October 2018.
580 total views, 2 today