Fixed-term Māori Allied Health Professionals – Join the Covid-19 Response Team!
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Māori Allied Health Professionals – Join the Covid-19 Response Team!
Nau mai, haere mai
Nau te rourou, nāku te rourou, ka ora ai te iwi
With your food basket and my food basket the people will thrive.
Māori Allied Health Professional
Case and Contact Management Team member
Fixed term, 1.0FTE
Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) invites kaimahi Māori to apply for the Māori Case & Contact Management team member role in the Pae Ora team (fixed term to 30 June 2022).
Individuals who are former nurses, or have health or allied health backgrounds/qualifications (with or without an annual practising certificate) are welcome to apply.
The Pae Ora team operates within the COVID-19 Response Unit (CRU). The CRU leads the case and contact management for whānau residing in Tāmaki Makaurau. Pae Ora is the Māori public health response to support whānau impacted by Covid.
Key responsibilities of Case & Contact Management team member are to:
- Uses health and cultural knowledge and skills to care for the needs of whānau through case management; contact tracing; symptom checks; and public health management.
- Bring a Māori worldview into the CRU
- Role model effective engagement with whānau
- Build trust and strong relationships with whānau
- Advocate for whānau
- Identify risks and escalate as appropriate
Desired experience and skills
- Leading with manaakitanga approach to work
- Working with whānau, hapū, iwi, communities
- A background in health, social services, education, kaupapa Māori organisations or similar
- Some knowledge in Te Reo Māori and tikanga
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well in a team, be flexible and calm under pressure
- Be familiar with MS office and have the ability to learn new computer applications
For details about each role, please refer to the PD:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lb_51hpaV7-ghWK9pARw79EOzKg1btXd/view?usp=sharing
The roles are across a 7 day roster, 5 days a week (8 hours a day). Māori registered nurses are based on-site at Greenlane Clinical Centre.
We invite you to register your interest by submitting an online application with your latest CV or get in touch with Ankie Crosbie, Workforce Logistics Manager Ankiec@adhb.govt.nz
If you require more information about the Māori registered nurse role, please contact:
Rhonda Cornes: 021 586 113
Donna Campbell: 021 851 690
If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Nisha, Recruitment Consultant at NKaripoth@adhb.govt.nz quoting GRE00373to discuss how we can best support your application.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE. Applications close 18th December 2021.
92 total views, 1 today