Full-Time Manutaki Whanaketanga Umanga Māori (Business Development Director – Māori)
Manutaki Whanaketanga Umanga Māori (Business Development Director – Māori)
Rangahaua, kia whai hua
Hei oranga mō te katoa
Whaia atu me te ihi
He hononga whai take
Hangaia te ā mua
Anei ngā whainga, hei tūāpapa, mō ō mātou mahi katoa
Anei ngā kupu o tō mātou waiata o Rangahaua kia whai hua, arā ko UniServices.
E rau rangatira mā, tēnā koutou.
He tono tēnei mō te hunga e ngākau nui ana ki te mahi rangahau. E wātea ana tētahi tūranga teitei ki roto i tō mātou kāhui, tō mātou whānau, tō mātou kamupene o UniServices. Ko te tūranga Manutaki Whanaketanga Umanga Māori te tūranga e wātea ana.
Amohia ake te ora o te iwi ka puta ki te whei ao
The health and wellbeing of the people is paramount
Nā Kīngi Tūheitia Pōtatau Te Wherowhero VII
Are you looking for an exciting and varied leadership and business development role that fosters the growth and development of Māori? Do you have a deep understanding and innovative ideas for how university research teams connect with and have the greatest impact in areas such as Education, Health, Climate, Business and society? Do you thrive in creating mutual value, bringing teams together and accessing funding to support research and research-informed programmes? Are you well connected to Māori communities and organisations and wanting to further support their work?
If yes, then keep reading below for a unique and rewarding opportunity to join our team as: Manutaki Whanaketanga Umanga Māori (Business Development Director – Māori)
Ko te kōwhiringa
Sitting within the Strategic Growth Leadership team, this new and strategically important role is being established to enable the growth and development of Māori communities and businesses through fostering enduring and mutually beneficial relationships with the innovative University research teams and the University-based companies that provide research-informed services to the community.
Ngā haepapa matua
You will support the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the Māori community through the development and implementation of a Māori Business Relationship Strategy. Using your advanced stakeholder engagement, relationship management and influencing abilities, you will bring together creative minds from Māori communities and businesses, with the deep expertise that sits within University of Auckland and wider research ecosystem, to explore and develop innovative solutions to the challenges and opportunities that face Aotearoa today.
At a minimum, you will:
- have deep networks in your community,
- understand the broad challenges facing Aotearoa and the world,
- know how research and innovation can create value,
- have proven ability to bring teams and groups together,
- know how to access funding to support research programmes,
- be an advanced speaker of te reo Māori; and,
- have a good understanding of Mātauranga Māori, Tikanga and Kawa.
Vision Mātauranga: unlocking the innovation potential of Māori knowledge, resources and people to assist New Zealanders to create a better future.
UniServices brings ideas to life in Aotearoa New Zealand. Since 1988, we have acted as the kaihono – those who link people to people and people to projects – by bridging academia with business, government and communities. We do this through:
- Research advancement: Helping researchers secure funding and helping governments and businesses find answers to their questions.
- Commercialisation support: Helping researchers protect their ideas, start companies and grow them.
- Investing and partnering: Licensing technologies and investing in fledgling companies through a $20 million pre-seed/seed fund.
- Delivering community impact: Managing programmes and services that build on University of Auckland research to bring positive impacts to the community in areas such as education, health and informing public policy.
O mātou whakaea
- The opportunity to work in a diverse environment, based in Central Auckland (with some ‘work from home’ flexibility)
- Great benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave, discounts on University of Auckland Executive Education Short Courses, other discounts and subsidies
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, including a copy of the position description, view our careers website here: https://careers.uniservices.co.nz/job-vacancies
Please submit your application to Heather Walker at email@example.com by Monday 23rd May 2022, at 5pm. Note, we may interview prior to the close date.
Honoa te tangata ki te tangata, te tangata ki te taiao, te tangata ki te rangahau, rangahaua ki whai hua.
(Linking people to people, people to the world around us, people to research, research that brings ideas to life.)
How to ApplyPlease submit your application to Heather Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 23rd May 2022, at 5pm. Note, we may interview prior to the close date.
203 total views, 2 today