Fixed-term Manu Taki Board Member
Te Kahui Matepukupuku o Aotearoa’s mission is to reduce the incidence and impact of cancer in Aotearoa – kia iti haere te mate pukupuku me tōna pānga ki Aotearoa nei.
With our tūāpapa of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, we have created the role of Manu Taki to sit as a member of the Cancer Society’s National Board. New Zealand’s cancer inequities are unfair; , and we’re seeking a strong Māori voice and enhanced equity perspective in our Board discussions. We are looking for a leader able to guide us on ways of working towards an equitable and inclusive system that reduces the negative impact of cancer Māori.
What we are looking for:
While your world view will incorporate a strong Te Ao Māori lens, your capabilities will also include the ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders. You’ll be someone with an influential yet respectful style that will invoke Mana Taurite in a system that is committed to change.
We are looking for someone who is culturally competent, adaptable and has strong governance experience; prior health sector experience is not essential but would be advantageous. While you will be a champion of change and an equity activist, you will also understand the complexities that contribute to inequalities throughout Aotearoa New Zealand and champion these with empathy and compassion. You will be known for your ability to take people on the journey and deliver impactful outcomes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting engagement with Iwi, Māori leaders and Māori providers
- Providing support in building and maintaining national and local Iwi relationships
- Providing guidance to the development of systems and processes aimed at addressing inequities
As an experienced governor, Board member and key community stakeholder, you will also be:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Māori and bi-cultural governance models.
- Have existing relationships and connections with Iwi leaders
- Adept at adjusting your style to suit your audience
- Outcome focused, a positive yet resilient individual with a passion for people and change
- A person who will take pride in playing your part in our continuous journey to improve health and well-being outcomes for New Zealanders.
If you are looking to align with an organisation passionate about improving the health of Māori this board role could be a great contribution to your 2021 objectives.
How to ApplyWe have partnered with Kin to fill this key role. Please apply now with your CV and a cover letter letting us know why you could be influencer we are looking for. If you have any questions before applying please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may text Henare Kani, Te Hau Angiangi, on 022 611 0855. Applications close 29th of January.
297 total views, 15 today