Full-Time Manager Residence Operations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Permanent, full-time, Whakatakapokai, Auckland
About us – Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki – Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
About the Residence – E pa ana ki te Kāenga
Our Youth Justice Residences provide a safe, secure and supportive environment where rangatahi in our care can make changes to get their lives back on track. Whakatakapokai is one of five Youth Justice Residences operating across Aotearoa that operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week providing residential placements and programmes for rangatahi aged 13 to 19 years who have been charged with or convicted of an offence.
Our vision at Whakatakapokai is to create a unique, culturally focused, therapeutic, safe and restorative care environment that enables rangatahi to strengthen their connection with whānau, hapū, iwi and their culture; and develop the skills to make positive decisions to support them to flourish and transform their lives, reducing the risk of re-offending.
Whakatakapokai is strongly focused on achieving positive change in rangatahi through education, skill development, vocational programmes, and therapeutic and cultural interventions using a Māori world centric view (Te Ao Māori). Our overall goal is that rangatahi who come into our care are positively integrated back into their community and reduce the risk of re-offending with their mana restored.
About the role – Mō te tūnga
The Manager Residence Operations (MRO) will lead and inspire a team of dedicated professional staff to ensure that rangatahi receive quality youth justice services that help them take responsibility for their actions with the aim of reducing reoffending.
This role will work closely with, and support the Kaiwhakahaere in continually driving for improved outcomes for all of our akonga (Māori and non-Māori), ensuring the right tools and support are in place to enable the workforce to practice in a way that is Maori centric with Te Ao Maori, tikanga Maori and Te Reo Maori present in our everyday practice. This role will be highly visible to all youth worker staff and rangatahi, demonstrating our values in everything they do and driving a culture of continuous learning and reflective practice. This role will be on call every second week/end providing senior leadership to the Residence after hours and nationally if required.
The role will involve the following:
- Management and leadership in a supportive Te Ao Māori environment
- Management and oversight of the day to day operations of Whakatakapokai
- Fostering people development through coaching and mentoring
- Building a culturally competent and effective team through ongoing cultural development and support
- Relationship management with government agencies, NGOs, community, iwi and key stakeholders
About you – Mōu
To apply for this role, you must demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience in people management and proven ability to effectively lead others
- Risk management experience within a complex regulatory environment, including interpretation and application of legislation and statutory powers
- Highly skilled in all aspects of operational management activities
- Aptitude to provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, and enhancing capability in people
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to successfully engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- Highly effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- A commitment to Oranga Tamariki’s Māori cultural framework
How to apply – Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and cover letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please apply through your myHR portal. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com
Internal applicants, please apply through MyHR on your work device.
How to ApplyApplications close Sunday, 29 November 2020. Position description: http://www.msd.govt.nz/hr/documents/position-descriptions/mvcot/wtp-manager-residence-operations-july-2020.pdf
97 total views, 1 today