Full-Time Manager – Governance, Commissioning and Ministerials – Wellington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Manager – ELSA Governance, Commissioning and Ministerials
Full-time, Fixed-term/Secondment Opportunity
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
The Early Learning and Student Achievement Group sets the system-level learning for every child and student. Working between policy and customer facing functions, at the heart of our work is making sure that every day, in every early learning service, kōhanga reo, school, and kura, the education workforce and curriculum delivery is world class, and focused on what New Zealanders need for their best future.
About this role
The Manager leads the Governance, Commissioning and Ministerials team, consisting of two Senior Advisors and three Advisors. This is an agile and responsive team that maintains good relationships across all parts of the ELSA group, the wider Ministry and Ministers’ Offices to triage requests, clarify commission ing, co-ordinate responses and maintain the consistency and quality of ELSA’s ministerial advice, and internal/external communications.
The Manager is responsible for the following:
- Providing leadership to maintain a high performing team, as well as coaching and mentoring to develop team members
- Commissioning and co-ordination of quality and timely Ministerials (correspondence, Official Information Act requests, Parliamentary Questions)
- Whole-of-ELSA advice to support cross Ministry requests, including media responses
- Managing Select Committee Estimates and Annual Review processes
In any given day the Governance, Commissioning and Ministerials team processes correspondence, Official Information Act requests, information requests from Ministers, written and oral parliamentary questions, media queries, select committee questions and Estimates and Annual Review material.
In addition to this BAU work, the team delivers and facilitates workshops on the Machinery of Government and the Official Information Act across Early Learning and Student Achievement.
We want to hear from you if you:
- have experience managing people and are comfortable working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- an manage multiple priorities at once, including those with extreme urgency
- have experience working with subject matter experts, senior leaders and Ministers’ Offices
- want to share your expertise in parliamentary processes, the Machinery of Government and the Official Information Act.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
How to ApplyPlease review the position description by copy and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/656474_JobDesc.pdf If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the 'apply online' button. For further information, please contact Bianca Webster at Bianca.email@example.com Applications close on Thursday, 2 July 2020.
96 total views, 1 today