Full-Time Manager – Examinations
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Academic Services – Examinations
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Examinations and Timetable Services is a department within Academic Services that plays a crucial part in the success of the University. With over 40,000 students at the University the examinations department is a high-volume, fast-paced and lively environment. We aim to deliver exceptional service delivered by a professional and dedicated team.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and passionate professional to lead our Examinations team on a permanent basis. You will be a natural leader with the ability to inspire others towards a culture of continuous improvement. Your creativity and vision will be able to shape the teams direction to align with the vision for the future and the Universities strategic goals. Stakeholder engagement and building effective relationships will be second nature and key to your impact and success in this role.
Reporting to the Associate Director for Academic Services (Operations), you will manage a small team. Key accountabilities will include:
- Plan and coordinate all activities and processes required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of examination assessments within the University.
- Ensure exceptional stakeholder engagement by developing and maintaining a strong customer service culture for examination services to students and staff across the University.
- Provide leadership of the Examinations team, to ensure a positive working environment, foster staff development and the team’s commitment to continuous improvement practices. Provide trend reporting and advice to Senior Leadership based on examinations data analysis.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience leading a team with a particular focus on coaching and empowering others.
- A solid background managing and developing high volume transactional processes.
- The ability to organise and plan across a variety of simultaneous processes while keeping sight of the strategic objectives.
- A philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Experience in data analysis and strategic reporting.
- Experience in a similarly complex environment, particularly in the tertiary sector would be advantageous but not essential.
We offer the opportunity to extend your managerial experience with New Zealand’s leading University in a way that can also have a positive impact on the lives of students. We also offer:
- Five weeks’ annual leave per annum.
- Up to 6.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Over 300 different career development courses.
- Discounted, onsite childcare, parking and various leisure and recreation services.
- A diverse and inclusive working environment.
For more information on the benefits of working here, see our Staff Benefits page.
To apply for this position, please submit a combined CV and covering letter online by the close date, Sunday 17th February 2019.
This is a Professional, Level 6 position
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20439. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 17th February 2019.
299 total views, 3 today