Full-Time Manager, Aotearoa New Zealand Office
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About the College
The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) is a not-for-profit organisation responsible for the training, assessment and continuing professional development of emergency physicians as well as the advancement of professional standards in emergency medicine in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a specialist medical College of over 130 employees with a strong purpose, positive environment and a CEO and Executive leadership team who lead our commitment to supporting our membership, staff and values of Equity, Respect, Integrity, and Collaboration.
We are recruiting a Manager, Aotearoa New Zealand Office to coordinate the operational functions of the College’s regional office, located in Wellington. This involves leading the College’s New Zealand Faculty – which exists to provide a range of services, support and information to Members and trainees (emergency medicine physicians) across Aotearoa New Zealand – and its associated projects.
In addition to maintaining engagement with New Zealand-based members and trainees of the College through communications and events, this role is responsible for liaising with a range of stakeholders across other medical colleges, the health sector and government to build on ACEMs presence in Aotearoa New Zealand to enable the various functions and activities of the College to be achieved.
The key responsibilities of the role shall include, but not be limited to:
- Managing the operations of the Aotearoa New Zealand office, including general administration, procurement, accommodation, and workplace health and safety activities.
- Leadership and management of the Committee and Office Administrator.
- Managing and supporting the New Zealand Faculty Board, the New Zealand Faculty Chair, and the Deputy Chair with regard to arising issues and challenges as they pertain to the advancement of professional standards in emergency medicine and the wider health sector.
- In collaboration with the New Zealand Policy Officer, facilitate the progression of identified health sector challenges to relevant stakeholders through meeting coordination and the development of letters to parliament, other Departments, and/or peak bodies.
What’s on Offer
ACEM offers excellent staff benefits including:
- 10% superannuation and 17.5% annual leave loading
- 4 days of additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible work arrangements and rostered days off
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active corporate social responsibility
- Ongoing employee development and training
How to ApplyFor a full Position Description or to apply for this role, please email email@example.com. To be considered, you must have the right to work in New Zealand and your application should contain a cover letter addressing 3-4 points of the selection criteria (see key skills, qualifications, and attributes in the position description) and a resume. Applications close Monday 25 October 2021 at 9:00AM. For further information or questions about the position please contact Human Resources via firstname.lastname@example.org or on (+613) 8679 8811. Recruitment agencies, we appreciate your interest, but plan to fill this role ourselves. ACEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer who promotes, embraces and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and Māori are encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of service and support to our members. With this in mind, please note that this role will be recruited in a virtual environment.
199 total views, 2 today