Fixed-term Logistics Operator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Here is your chance to gain event experience, meet new people and have fun in a professional and fast paced environment. The Events Services team has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Logistics Operator to join the University as part of the Commercial Services team.
About the Role
In this role, you will gain event experience as you complete deliveries and provide logistics and operations support for faculties and departments across the University. You will also be responsible for the distribution of Goldie Estate wine orders within Auckland
Reporting to the Venue Services Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Completing order requests
- Order processing, distribution and delivery of Goldie Estate wine orders
- Event set ups and pack outs
- Assisting with all aspects of equipment delivery and logistics support and providing cost estimates as required
- General equipment maintenance and organisation of storage spaces
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator and working alongside a team of casual logistics staff
Due to the nature of the work, evening and weekend work will be required along with flexibility across shifts.
Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidates will tick the following boxes:
- Experience in a similar role
- Be self-motivated, flexible and able to take the initiative
- Have a great attitude, strong organisational and great interpersonal skills which will assist you as you interact with stakeholders across the University.
- A ‘can do’ attitude, which will contribute to the successful and cost efficient delivery of University events and venue operations.
- A high level of physical fitness as heavy lifting and equipment set up/ pack down are a key part of this role.
Why work with us?
In Event Services, we pride ourselves on our fantastic team dynamic and solid work ethic. We believe in celebrating our successes together. While you will work across multiple sites on a variety of jobs/events, you will enjoy the comradery that comes with being a crucial part of this team.
We offer a competitive superannuation scheme, five weeks’ annual leave per year, subsidised car parking and childcare and access to career development courses. For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
This role is part-time, fixed-term for 12 months), 20 hours per week, with regular opportunities to work extra hours as needed to support delivery of orders and events during peak times throughout the year.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Tuesday 25th June to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website.
APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20808. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application.
To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads).
If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115.
Applications close: Tuesday 25th June
212 total views, 1 today