Full-Time Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Climate Engineering
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Faculty of Engineering
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of Auckland invites applications for the position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in the multi-disciplinary engineering area of climate engineering and adaptation.
Applications are welcome in the areas of climate adaptation, natural disaster response, recovery and rebuilding, climate resilient infrastructure, assessment, planning and technologies, natural hazard, damage and risk assessment.
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s pre-eminent research-led University. The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is the largest department in the Faculty of Engineering, with approximately 40 academic staff, 1,000 undergraduates and over 150 PhD students.
We offer a diverse and active community for research at and above postgraduate level, and we are proud of our strong international reputation for the quality of our research outputs. We have established an excellent reputation in the traditional fields of the discipline, being ranked 38th in the world according to the QS World Ranking 2017. We have strong collaborative links with research groups and industry within New Zealand and across the world.
- The appointee is expected to collaborate with various climate change-related groups of the university, such as the Climate Adaptation Platform, Centre for Disaster Resilience, Recovery and Reconstruction and Oceania Water Research Consortium.
- The appointee will be teaching and research-focussed, and be required to undertake high quality research, researcher supervision and teaching in their area of specialisation.
- They will be committed to the development and delivery of high quality curricula and courses, and have excellent communication skills.
- They will also contribute to the wider activities of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and perform service roles for the department, Faculty and University.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful applicant will have a Bachelor degree in Engineering and a PhD or equivalent in a relevant area.
- A Professional Engineer qualification, such as MIPENZ or equivalent, is desirable, with a strong preference for prior training in the field of civil and environmental engineering.
- Applicants will require an excellent academic record, as evidenced by a publication record appropriate to the appointment level sought.
- In addition, you will also have demonstrated success in attracting competitive grants from local and/or international funding agencies, as well as industry experience and linkage with international climate change and adaptation agencies
- Experience in supervision of masters and/or PhD students, and in providing quality education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, is essential.
Academic enquiries may be directed to the Head of Department, Professor Jason Ingham(email@example.com). Applications must be submitted online, before the closing date of Sunday 9th December 2018.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20215. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 9th December 2018.
607 total views, 1 today