Full-Time Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Leadership
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Leadership
Pūkenga / Pūkenga Matua / Ahorangi Tuarua i te Hautūtanga
Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship
UC Business School / Te Kura UmangaŌtautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā!
He hiahia, he pūkenga nōhou i te hautūtanga? He pōwhiri atu tēnei nā Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha kia tono mai te hunga i te tūranga Pūkenga, Pūkenga Matua, Ahorangi Tuarua rānei i te wāhanga o Te Kura Umanga e aro ana ki te whakahaere, te whakatairanga me te rakahinonga.
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Continuing (i.e. permanent) position
What You Will Do
The UC Business School invites applications for the continuing/ tenured position of Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor in Leadership. The successful applicant will to contribute to UC Business School’s highly regarded, AMBA and AACSB accredited range of programmes.
Who You Are
Applicants should have excellent teaching skills, and be willing to teach in entry-level and advanced undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, the MBA and other advanced programmes. In addition, applicants should have a strong record of publications in internationally recognised high-quality academic journals, as well as experience in the supervision of thesis students; (commensurate with the academic rank being applied for).
Experience in academic leadership and securing research grants, are desirable at the Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor levels.
The successful appointee will have:
- A PhD in a subject relevant to Leadership or Management, preferably with an emphasis on Appreciative Inquiry or Positive Organizational Scholarship; (applicants close to finalizing their PhD will be also considered)
- The ability to teach undergraduate, postgraduate, and advanced courses, related to leadership, general management and/or HRM
- A record of high research productivity, or clear potential for this
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability building skills
- Active commitment to continuing personal professional development including bicultural professional development and applying learning in everyday practice. An active commitment to upholding the values, tikanga, and kawa and traditions as guided by Ngāi Tūāhuriri, the mana whenua
- Ability in te reo Māori me ōna tikanga will be an advantage
A successful applicant at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor level, should also have:
- Demonstrated expertise in experiential learning pedagogy, as part of delivering personal development and leadership programmes
- A clear record of experience in consulting work with industry, including delivering in-company leadership programmes
- Recognised experience in mentoring and/or coaching managers
Who You Will Work With
This role is located in the Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship (MME). MME is one of three constituent departments/units in the UC Business School, and is one of the leading business departments within New Zealand. In the 2012 Performance-Based Research Funding rankings, the Department was ranked first in Marketing and Tourism, and second in Management. MME provides a vibrant and collegial environment, internal research funding and sabbatical leave, and since 2014, has been located in a newly refurbished building in the heart of the Ilam campus.
The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of “Tangata tū, tangata ora: people prepared to make a difference”. You will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich your own professional and personal development.
New Zealand Trade and Enterprise has described Canterbury as an incubator for those with big aspirations. With its picture-perfect scenery, numerous parks, outdoor recreational activities, and first-rate health and educational facilities, the Canterbury region offers unmatched quality of life.
For information about the range of fantastic benefits that UC offers including flexible work practices, study opportunities and generous superannuation and leave provisions, please visit us: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
The closing date for this position is: Sunday, 4th November 2018 (midnight, NZ time)
How You Apply
The University of Canterbury is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligation under Te Tiriti o Waitangi – Treaty of Waitangi.
How to ApplyApplications for this position are submitted online and should include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae which includes a list of relevant research publications and a 2-3 page statement outlining the research interests and goals. Please ensure your application is uploaded as a single pdf file and that the file name is your surname only. Please note we do not accept applications via email. Click here to apply! For further information specifically about the role only, can be obtained by contacting, Associate Professor Bernard Walker, Bernard.email@example.com If you have any queries regarding the application process, please forward these to Recruitment Coordinator, Michelle Davies, Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this position is: Sunday, 4th November 2018 (midnight, NZ time) You must have New Zealand or Australian Citizenship/Permanent Residency or a valid visa that allows you to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. The University of Canterbury is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligation under the Treaty of Waitangi.
386 total views, 1 today