Full-Time Lecturer in Public Relations – Māori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Make the most of your PhD in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communication Management
Permanent, full time lecturing role at NZ’s second largest and fastest growing university
Based at AUT’s City Campus in the Auckland CBD
The School of Communication Studies has a strong commitment to increasing appointments of Maori and Pacific staff in academic roles. We are seeking a Lecturer in Public Relations to join our Department of Public Relations as a new and emerging academic for 2019 through AUT’s Maori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme.
The team and department
You will join a strong teaching and research team with forward-thinking lecturers, some of whom have senior PR practitioner experience, are Fellows of the Higher Education Authority, author PR textbooks, attend international conferences and publish in international journals. This means you will have access to expert advice to help develop your academic and research interests.
The teaching team follows current pedagogical trends and applies problem-based experiential learning using live projects within the PR industry. All classes use team teaching or co-teaching and you will be supported and integrated into the team with regular meetings, transparent preparation schedules and shared lesson plans. The regular team meetings and a reflective teaching team means opportunities for learning and shared responsibility. The team also has both a local and global approach and has developed learning projects with the industry and other universities world-wide!
Strong industry contacts allow the team, and therefore the early career academic, to update theory with current practice. Also the industry contacts mean there are a large number of diverse internship opportunities for students creating a ‘real-world’ interest in the course.
What will the role involve?
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based teaching and learning experiences
- Scholarly teaching, co-teaching and supervision; employing disciplinary methods to integrate the processes of teaching and learning
- Undertakes research reflecting the Faculty and/or School’s research plan
- Supervision of postgraduate students and their research
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Completed PhD in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communication Management (or submission for examination prior to 22 February 2019)
- Research Interests in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communication Management
- Teaching Interests in Public Relations theory and practice, including public affairs, marketing, digital media
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Public Relations theory and practice
- Good knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand Public Relations industry
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the Public Relations industry
- Other professional qualifications directly relevant to Public Relations, Marketing or Communication Management
- Effective networking skills, able to maintain links with industry and scholars nationally and internationally
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, including academic writing
- Ability to manage and supervise group-based industry projects
Additional important eligibility criteria for all appointments to the Maori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme:
- This must be your first full-time, permanent academic teaching position in either a university or other tertiary education provider. You will also have no more than 5 years fixed-term contract academic teaching experience (in total) in a university or other tertiary education provider.
- You must have a completed PhD within 3 years of application to this programme, or will have submitted your completed thesis for examination by 22 February 2019
- Programme is open to applicants of Māori or Pacific genealogical descent
- You must be able to start before 25 February 2019
AUT has fantastic staff benefits including free study, a personal fund for your continued professional development, free membership to AUT gyms and generous leave allowances.
For a confidential chat or if you have questions: Please contact Mike Wood, Recruitment Manager on +64 9 921-9185 or firstname.lastname@example.org – or apply using the Link below!
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 September 2018 at 23:55pm
Auckland University of Technology is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please contact Mike Wood email@example.com. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyPlease note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process by clicking here. For further information, please contact Mike Wood firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
750 total views, 1 today