Full-Time Lecturer in Digital Media – Māori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Make the most of your PhD in Digital Media/Digital Communication or a related field
Permanent, full time lecturing role at NZ’s second largest and fastest growing university
Based at AUT’s City Campus in the Auckland CBD
The School of Communication Studies has a strong commitment to increasing appointments of Māori and Pacific staff in academic roles. We are seeking a Lecturer in Digital Media to join us as a new and emerging academic for 2019 through AUT’s Maori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme.
Our Department of Digital Media is broadening our focus on Māori and Pacific media and to widen a kaupapa and/or talanoa approach to digital media communication. Digital Media extents creative communication in Māori and Pacific cultures and has in the past attracted great interest by our Māori and Pacific students. We seek to further a culturally focused learning and teaching approach in digital media education.
Digital media covers a broad range of digital communication areas, integrating theory, conceptual frameworks and production practice. We are the only entity in New Zealand to emphasis the role of digital strategies in digital media education. The teaching team is dynamic, supportive, and innovative in their approaches to learning and teaching – the ideal environment for an early career academic to thrive.
What will the role involve?
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of evidence-based teaching and learning experiences
- Scholarly teaching, co-teaching and supervision; employing disciplinary methods to integrate the processes of teaching and learning
- Undertake research reflecting the Faculty and/or School’s research plan
- Supervision of postgraduate students and their research
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Completed PhD in Digital Media/Digital Communication or a related field (or submission for examination prior to 22 February 2019)
- Ideally some prior teaching and/or mentoring experience
- Research Interests in digital media, digital communication and interaction, creative communication practice, Māori or Pacific media practice, practice-based inquiry
- Teaching Interests in digital media production, visual communication, web and interactive media production, and moving image production
Additional important eligibility criteria for all appointments to the Maori and Pacific Early Career Academic Programme:
- This must be your first full-time, permanent academic teaching position in either a university or other tertiary education provider. You will also have no more than 5 years fixed-term contract academic teaching experience (in total) in a university or other tertiary education provider.
- You must have a completed PhD within 3 years of application to this programme, or will have submitted your completed thesis for examination by 22 February 2019
- Programme is open to applicants of Māori or Pacific genealogical descent
- You must be able to start before 25 February 2019
AUT has fantastic staff benefits including free study, a personal fund for your continued professional development, free membership to AUT gyms and generous leave allowances.
For a confidential chat or if you have questions, please contact Mike Wood, Recruitment Manager on +64 9 921-9185 or email@example.com – or apply using the Link below!
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 September 2018 at 23:55pm
Auckland University of Technology is an EEO employer, we are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and to equity. AUT aspires to be the University of choice for Maori and Pacific communities.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please contact Mike Wood firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyPlease note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process by clicking here. For further information, please contact Mike Wood email@example.com. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
774 total views, 1 today