Full-Time Lead Technical Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Lead Technical Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: Technical Services
- Campus: Grafton Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Number: 55564449
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s pre-eminent University, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. With over 6,000 staff and 42,000 students, the University of Auckland is one of New Zealand’s most significant and complex entities.
Playing a vital role in contributing to the success of the University of Auckland as a vibrant and progressive University, the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences is a large and diverse faculty with more than 4,000 students studying across our six schools, including Schools of Nursing, Medical Sciences, Pharmacy, Population Health, Optometry & Vision Science and the School of Medicine. The University of Auckland is acknowledged both locally and internationally for its ground-breaking work in advancing modern medicine and the faculty is regarded as one of the top Medical & Health Sciences faculties in the world.
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Lead Technical Manager in FMHS.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to step into a newly created role and assist in providing leadership, strategic planning and management for the research laboratories and specialist research support facilities across the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences Grafton Campus.
The role will include:
- Working with academic researchers to provide operational support, including strategic input, to enhance research outputs
- Provide operational leadership for technical services support of research laboratories and specialist facilities
- Staff Leadership – Provide leadership, mentoring and development for professional staff in the technical services research laboratory support teams including the Research Laboratory and Facilities Technical Managers
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety performance as per university and legislation requirements
- Management of equipment procurement and asset management
Our Ideal Candidate
As an experienced people leader, our ideal candidate will demonstrate an advanced ability to influence and communicate effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders. In addition, you should have:
- Extensive experience in technical support and best practice technical management in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and implementation
- Skills and experience in team building, change management and working co-operatively within multidisciplinary teams
The successful candidate will operate with energy and passion and will demonstrate a collaborative approach where they partner closely with peers, value the needs of others and model best practice principals and behaviours.
What We Offer
The University of Auckland offers an environment and position in the Auckland property market that is both diverse and incredibly unique. We are looking towards the future and this is a rare and very special opportunity.
In addition, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 6.75% superannuation scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working and a culture dedicated to work life balance
Please apply online at our careers site. Any additional enquiries can be directed to email@example.com
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 17th Jan 2020.
655 total views, 1 today