Full-Time Senior Partnerships Advisor positions
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Senior Partnerships Advisor positions
Experienced Advisors within a government, NGO, hapū or iwi setting
- Three newly established positions for first class Advisors.
- Highly culturally competent – Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori.
- Innovative Ministry, undertaking transformative, cultural change.
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. Our purpose is Manaaki tangata, Manaaki whānau – we help New Zealanders to be safe, strong and independent. Helping people, whānau, families and communities is at the centre of what we do, working with New Zealanders of all ages to improve their social wellbeing.
We do this by delivering social services and assistance to working age people, older people, and families, whānau and communities and through providing policy advice.
We serve over a million people, working out of centres all around the country. It is likely that every New Zealander will come into contact with the Ministry at some point in their life.
Our focus is on:
- Mana manaaki – building the mana of others and uplifting them in a way that honours their dignity.
- Kotahitanga – partnering for greater impact; unity, togetherness, solidarity and collective action.
- Kia takatū tātou- supporting long term social economic development, underpinning our intention to prepare ourselves and those we serve for future realities.
MSD is responsible for the Historic Claims process. The Historic Claims team work with people who have been abused in State care, in particular the care of Child, Youth and Family and its predecessors, to address their concerns without them needing to resort to civil litigation.
MSD recently reviewed the way the historic claims process worked, undertaking a robust and far reaching consultation with current and previous claimants and key stakeholders which has resulted in a commitment to growing and adjusting the Historic Claims team with a focus on operating within the principles of Tikanga Māori; Mana, Aroha, Whakapapa, Whanaungatanga, Manaakitanga and Pono.
We are now recruiting the core members of the Team. This team will be made up of highly culturally responsive people who are specialists in their field.
The Senior Partnerships Advisor is responsible for the management of partnerships with other government and non-governmental agencies that have a role to play in delivering outcomes and support for claimants. Working closely alongside the Lead Partnerships Advisor to support the identification of strategic partnerships and the development of relationships, key points of contact, and protocols for partnership you will identify opportunities for continual improvement and develops recommendations to the Manager Strategy, Planning and reporting in developing and maintaining efficient and effective policies and processes. Overseeing the lead administrative components of partnership activities that support claimants, you will be self-managing, setting goals to achieve time and process timelines.
This position provides a culturally responsive service to claimants, their whānau, hapū and iwi, and work in partnership to provide tailored, wrap-around support and services.
To view the position description for the Senior Partnership Advisor – CLICK HERE.
It is a mandatory requirement that applicants are able to demonstrate:
- Significant prior experience in an Advisor position within NGO, government, iwi or similar NZ organisation.
- Skill in the engagement of third party service providers with a focus on contract settings, development and negotiation, including performance metrics in the procurement, selection and delivery of claimant services.
- The ability to identify a wide range of information sources, critique that information and collate it into a comprehensive and meaningful summary.
- Be highly culturally competent and responsive.
- Ability to identify opportunities for continual improvement, developing recommendations and reports.
- A demonstrated understanding of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori.
- Extensive skills in the establishment of strategic relationships, strong negotiation skills in the building of MOU’s with key partners.
- An understanding of the machinery of government and the workings of multi- stakeholder partnerships.
- First class advisory skills, a relevant qualification or extensive work skills within this field.
- A highly empathic and culturally astute nature.
This position promotes a focus on claimants’ needs whilst balancing this with strategy, and best practice, which will ensure the Ministry is complying with legislative and policy requirements. You will be operating with the philosophy of continuous improvement and encouragement, the identification of on-going improvements to processes and practices to achieve better outcomes for claimants.
Remuneration is positioned to attract a high calibre of application.
All applications should be directed to Mana Recruitment as we are partnering with them for these appointments.
Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019 at Midnight.
How to ApplyTo view the position description for the Senior Partnership Advisor - CLICK HERE. All applications should be directed to Mana Recruitment as we are partnering with them for these appointments. For a confidential chat and applications please call or email Heather Walker on (09) 632 1108 or to apply, send your updated CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: Monday 14th January 2019 at Midnight.
1019 total views, 6 today