Fixed-term Lead Education Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū
Lead Education Advisor
Full-time Fixed-term position based in Whanganui (until June 2019)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Education Advisor in the Learning Support team based in Whanganui. The role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that’s setting a platform for New Zealand’s young learners to be the best they can be.
Your key priorities will include the following:
- Providing advice and support to the Manager Learning Support
- Leading and managing projects on behalf of the Manager Learning Support
- Develop and lead change processes across the region
- Developing and maintaining systems and processes
- Maintaining effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring activity in the regional office is aligned with national activity
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships. You will have proven project management experience.
You will also offer the following:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities
- Cultural competence, capability and credibility and understanding the relevance of identity; language and culture for Māori, Pasifika and students with special education needs
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on the work; Successful experience of working with school leaders, Boards of Trustees or Communities of Learning – Kāhui Ako to strengthen school practice and raise student achievement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
How to ApplyTo view the position descriptions please click here. Please visit our website to apply for the role. Applications close Sunday, 27 May 2018.
538 total views, 1 today