Full-Time Lead Business Analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Permanent – full-time, based in Wellington
- Support our students who cannot or do not have access to public transport, and where distance, mobility or other issues create barriers to accessing an appropriate learning environment
Help shape the future of education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga – Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people around Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,100 schools with a book value of $20.1 billion, the largest payroll in the country, and transportation of over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
School Transport is the second largest purchaser of passenger services in New Zealand (after Auckland Transport) and has been managing the transport of students to and from school for over 130 years.
School Transport is responsible for:
- spending over $200m each year on transport services
- overseeing delivery of around 7,000 daily vehicle movements with around 40m passenger journeys each year
- assisting over 100,000 students to school and home again safely every school day
- managing contracts with around 80 transport suppliers (including bus, total mobility, and ferry services)
- providing funding to around 400 schools/kura that organise transport assistance for their students
- offering Specialised School Transport Assistance to over 7,000 students with complex mobility needs
- paying conveyance allowances for around 5,000 students who cannot access School Transport services
- transporting 25,000 Year 7 and Year 8 students to off-site technical education facilities.
Mō tēnei tūranga – About this role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Business Analyst. The role will work within the School Transport team delivering expert business analysis for the School Transport Pokapū Waka Kura Project which is a large ICT transformation project to streamline School Transports business and system processes.
The key focus for the role is to work with the business to review and improve upon current business and IT application processes, deliver requirements and work with external vendors and other Ministry ICT and project teams to ensure the business needs are met as well as oversee the delegation of business analyst tasks for the project and coach Business Analysts starting their BA journey.
Mōhou ake – About you
As the ideal candidate you will need to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst with experience in requirement gathering and documentation, including facilitation workshops, leading, mentoring and supporting other business analysts including workload delegation and prioritisation.
You will also bring a range of skills and experience in the following areas:
- Experience and knowledge with Agile delivery methodologies and agile project tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience in planning and managing the work across multiple BAs in a large-scale ICT project and ensuring the key stakeholders are involved
- Excellent relationship, communication and writing skills
- You will be experienced in analysing complex issues and developing effective options for action
- Success in gathering and analysing business requirements across different user groups and provide clear documentation and advice on business solutions.
- Experience working on Salesforce projects and Geospatial Information System (GIS) is desirable
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? – Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
In your cover letter we’d like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information, please contact Kim McGregor at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
Please review the position description by copying and pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/699069_JobDesc.pdf
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website: https://jobs.education.govt.nz/jobtools/jncustomsearch.viewFullSingle?in_organid=17584&in_jnCounter=224819602&in_jobDate=All&in_searchbox=YES&in_summary=S&in_site=CareersSite Applications close at midnight on Thursday, 30 September 2021.
120 total views, 1 today