Full-Time Lead Advisers
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (the Ministry) acts in the world to make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. We do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests and project New Zealand values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
We are looking to enhance and extend the capability of the Ministry across a wide spectrum of activity, including foreign policy, development, trade, and support services – all with the aim of delivering on the Government’s priorities.
We have a variety of new Lead Adviser opportunities across the Ministry. The Lead Adviser roles are varied and each offer scope to influence and provide exciting new steps in a global, public sector career.
If you are looking to make a difference to New Zealand’s position on the global stage, have a look at our job descriptions attached for further details on the individual opportunities. We support a range of flexible work options for all positions.
As the successful candidate, you will report to a Tier 3 Manager, and be responsible for providing strong analytical and intellectual policy leadership and output alongside the division’s policy officers in support of the Government’s objectives for New Zealand’s relations.
You will work closely with senior leaders and other Lead Advisers and demonstrate your intellectual leadership by working through complex, fast moving and challenging policy issues in ways that show ‘ownership’ of outcomes. In addition you will be involved in coaching and mentoring our policy officers to enhance their skills.
You will have an opportunity to use your expertise in the following areas:
- Your high level of leadership acumen
- Your ability to think strategically
- Your past experience in providing policy leadership in areas of complexity or ambiguity
Come and work with us to help ensure we continue to deliver in a fast-paced and changing world, promote trade, and expand and complete trade agreements.
- Lead Adviser, South and South East Asia Division [PDF, 235 KB]
- Lead Adviser, APEC21 (Fixed Term to December 2021) [PDF, 171 KB]
- Lead Adviser, International Security, International Security and Disarmament Division [PDF, 192 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Europe [PDF, 227 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Trade Law Unit [PDF, 182 KB]
- Lead Adviser Security Issues, Legal Division [PDF, 259 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Planning And Results, Protocol Division [PDF, 260 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Pacific and Bilateral Division – Polynesia and French Pacific [PDF, 161 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Pacific Regional Division [PDF, 150 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Humanitarian [PDF, 151 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Trade Negotiations Division [PDF, 282 KB]
- Lead Adviser, Economic Division [PDF, 297 KB]
1. Where you are applying for multiple roles across job levels e.g. x2 applications for Unit Manager and x1 application for Principal Adviser, a separate application form must be completed for each job type, noting that the application form provides for the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each job type.
2. Where you are applying for multiple roles at the same job type e.g. seven Unit Manager roles, only one application form is required, noting that the application form provides the opportunity to address the specific motivation and experience for each role.
3. The application form will also allow candidates to rank the positions they are applying for in order of preference.
|I am applying for….||My application requires….|
|A specialist role||For each role I am applying for
|Multiple roles across different job types, i.e. Unit Manager, Lead Adviser||For each job level I am applying for
|More than one role at the same job type (i.e. 2 or more Unit Manager role)||
Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here. Late applications will not be accepted.
How to ApplyClick here for more information or to apply. Applications for all vacancies will close at 12:00 noon on Monday, 17 September 2018. The application form can be found here. Late applications will not be accepted.
384 total views, 1 today