Full-Time Lead Adviser ECE – Waikato
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
A unique opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced, dynamic and innovative education professional to join our team to work across the Waikato Region. This is an opportunity to play a part in championing quality early learning education and to positively influence change. This is a full-time, permanent role based in the Ministry’s regional office in Hamilton. It will involve travel across the greater Waikato region. This role will give you the opportunity to work in partnership with sector leaders and communities to support them to achieve successful early childhood education outcomes for all children. You must be able to influence others and be able to back this up with knowledge, skills and experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to:
- build successful relationships with members of the wider early childhood education community/Te Kōhanga Reo as well as with schools and kura
- work with data and information to identify issues and come up with solutions to solve complex problems and make decisions
- lead and work with communities to support and implement change initiatives
- present and facilitate group discussions
- work collaboratively with Ministry colleagues within the regional teams and across the organization to support quality assurance.
We are looking for people who have:
- knowledge, understanding and experience of the New Zealand education system and relevant legislation
- an understanding of the relationship between policy intent and the range and combination of tools available for implementing new initiatives
- an understanding of working with iwi, māori and pacific communities.
Applicants must also have a full driver’s licence as travel will be required.
If you meet these requirements, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’re interested, click the ‘Apply Online’ button. As part of your application, please include a cover letter and CV.
For further information contact Rochelle McKenzie at 07 850 8896.
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close on Thursday, 3 October 2019.
191 total views, 2 today