Fixed-term Lead Adviser
One permanent, full-time position to be based in Kaitaia
One fixed-term, full-time position to be based in Kerikeri (fixed-term to 30 June 2019)
One fixed-term, full-time position to be based in Whangarei (fixed-term to 30 June 2019)
Tai Tokerau – A vast area full of contrasts; where the people, history, culture and scenic beauty will have you wishing you could stay longer.’ www.northlandnz.com
An opportunity has arisen for highly experienced, dynamic and innovative education professionals to join our fantastic regional team.
This is a unique opportunity to play a part in championing 21st century teaching and learning and to positively influence change in schools, kura and early childhood.
Do you like variety and challenge? Do you have a passion for improving educational achievement for all students/ children, particularly Māori and Pasifika, by working as part of a community? If you’re enthusiastic and committed to creating successful educational pathways and building collaborative relationships, this could be the role for you.
This role will give you the opportunity to work in partnership with sector leaders and communities to support them to achieve successful educational outcomes for all students. You must be able to influence others and be able to back this up with knowledge, skills and experience in improving student engagement and achievement.
To be successful in this role you will need to be great at:
- building successful relationships with a range of groups and individuals
- working with data and information to identify issues and come up with solutions to solve complex problems and make decisions
- leading and working with others to support and implement change initiatives
- presenting and leading group discussions.
We are looking for people who ideally will have:
- a core knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand education system and relevant legislation and applicable criteria
- an understanding of the relationship between policy intent and the range and combination of tools available for implementing new initiatives
- knowledge and understanding of Iwi context within Tai Tokerau (Northland)
- knowledge and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education especially in matters relating to Māori development and the partnership values that flow from the Treaty.
If you have the skills and passion to deliver in this rewarding role then please click on the ‘apply online’ button or go to the Careers at the Ministry of Education link at our website: www.education.govt.nz for job descriptions and to submit an application.
Or for further information please contact Amanda Walker at 09 436 8039.
How to Apply
Please review the position description here.
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.Applications close Monday, 25 June 2018.
165 total views, 9 today