Full-Time Kaupapa Māori Advanced Nursing Service (KMANS) – Tauranga
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse with five years experience with two or more years medical nurse experience.
The KMANS nurse will assist in improving Māori health outcomes and reducing health inequalities between Māori and Non-Māori. This job opportunity is designed to support people who have two or more chronic long term conditions or have an acute exacerbation of their illness. Clients will live rurally and therefore have additional barriers to accessing health, along with an increased risk of hospitalization.
To fulfil this role you will have:
• Flexible treatment philosophy with the ability to retain boundaries
• At least (5) years experience working in either an acute hospital or community setting
• Experience working with pakeke, kaumatua and kuia
• Advanced health assessment and management skills in primary health care client care.
• The ability to deliver education to whānau
• The ability to work in primary and secondary services
• Experience and be comfortable working within a tikanga Māori framework / indigenous models
We are looking to appoint a 1.0FTE Monday to Friday. If you have recent relevant community, or acute nursing experience, the ability to work independently and be part of an enthusiastic, friendly and experienced team – apply now.
The key essential requirements are:
• Registered Nurse with current Practising Certificate.
• Post Graduate Diploma
• Current full drivers license
• Achieved proficient or expert level on the Professional Development and Recognition Programme.
• Preferred experience with Medtech 32
• Current CPR
• Understanding of Te Reo me ona Tikanga or a real willingness to learn.
• Connection to local hapu or Iwi
• Good understanding/working knowledge of local communities
• Good networking skills
For an application form and job description please send a CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Applications close Tuesday 30th April 2019.
How to ApplyFor an application form and job description please send a CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Tuesday 30th April 2019.
374 total views, 1 today