Full-Time Kaiwhakatipu Pakihi – Growth Programme Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kaiwhakatipu Pakihi – Growth Programme Specialist
- Well-developed understanding of partnering models and channel strategies?
- Support the creation of quality jobs for all Aucklanders, through the development of Māori economic growth programmes.
- Support Māori businesses to be more productive and sustainable and help promote their unique point of difference.
Multiply Māori Economic Growth effects across Tāmaki Makaurau.
Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) are the region’s economic growth agency, with the purpose to support the growth of quality jobs across Tāmaki Makaurau. ATEED programmes support Auckland in its goal of being desirable place to live, work, visit, invest and do business. This business division is committed to improving economic outcomes for Māori. The growth programme specialists’ mandate is to design, develop and deliver programmes that support Māori to provide scalable economic development, enabling Māori businesses to be more productive, sustainable, thriving and providing quality jobs in Tāmaki Makaurau.
This far reaching position works flexibly across a range of sectors and disciplines to develop programmes and projects in collaboration with external partners. Responsible for the delivery and creation of quality jobs for all Aucklanders, you will Identify and manage programmes and projects that deliver measurable economic growth. Working within the principles of kotahitanga, you will take a transparent approach with partners and seek their active engagement at all levels. With the intent to create multiplier effect in terms of the number of projects and activities capable of being managed across the Auckland economy you will leverage the capabilities of partners in both lead and support roles.
Set within a hub with the cornerstones of innovation and entrepreneurism, you will deliver at pace, developing and delivering innovative projects that have a positive impact on Māori economic development. Leveraging the capabilities of partners you will approach partners with transparent and open objectives, seeking active engagement at all levels.
Proactively planning and managing projects that will generate measurable economic growth for Auckland, through the project life cycle, you will have the skill and experience to Identify and manage programme and project economic growth targets, deliverables, budget, risks and dependencies.
Skills, knowledge and competences required in this position are to include;
- Experience in the development of project and implementation plans.
- Skill in both operational and strategic elements of project management, techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of the challenges and opportunities relating to Māori economic development.
- Strong analytical skills including research and financial modelling.
- Ability to write projects reports, funding proposals and business cases.
- 5+ years of experience in programme or project management, industry or economic development.
- The demonstration and sound understanding of partnering models and channel strategies.
- Proven experience in developing strong working relationships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders.
- Recognised experience in financial, budget and contract management.
- Experience utilising and optimising marketing channels.
- A superior level of business acumen and proven ability to deliver quantifiable results.
- Sufficient appreciation of Te Reo Māori to be able to apply a Māori dimension to your mahi.
- An understanding of tikanga Māori and the role of iwi in the future development of Tāmaki Makaurau.
A qualification in business, economics, finance, science or another related discipline and formal project management qualifications are highly advantageous , although not prerequisite to application.
Maintaining, through personal leadership a single-minded focus for project stakeholders on achieving measurable economic growth, you will personally establish sound working relationships, ensuring project growth goal milestones are accomplished. As an established expert in the sector, you’ll be seeking a role where what you do every day adds value and really makes a difference to the development of Māori in Tāmaki Makaurau.
A strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and the courage to take innovative approaches will be rewarded with a values-based culture, outcomes focussed leadership, and a team of people who are as likeminded and committed as you are.
The position is CBD based with a regional travel requirement.
To apply, or to enquire further in confidence call or email please contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com
How to ApplyTo apply, or to enquire further in confidence call or email please contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org
1030 total views, 1 today