NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Embedding Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Whare Pukapuka | Whare Pukapuka Executive | Te Wānanga Aronui o Tāmaki Makaurau (AUT)
Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari he toa takitini.
We are seeking tangata whenua to join whare pukapuka leadership team. This role will provide leadership and implementation of initiatives to increase knowledge and understanding of Te Ao Māori, mātauranga Māori, tikanga across the division.
Our aim is to build culturally safe, bicultural practices into our planning and operations across the library. Thus contributing to AUT’s commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and enabling the division to live the AUT values of tika, pono me aroha.
This position is primarily based at the whare pukapuka, City campus but will involve also working at both North and South campuses.
In this position you will:
- Develop and implement initiatives that honour our commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Build cultural safety practices across the division
- Through whakawhanaungatanga build relationships and shared experiences across the division that instils confidence in our tangata whenua and tangata tiriti to share this journey
For this position you will:
- Have a tertiary degree in Māori Development or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in cultural capability/safety and the principles of equity and diversity
- Excellent communication skills in both te reo Māori and English
- Excellent IT and Learning Design (LX) skills
Salary range $81,984 – $100,387
Closing Date 7 August 2022, 11:55 PM
This is a full-time (75 hours per fortnight) position requiring some flexibility of hours. You must be eligible to work in NZ to be considered for this position.
At AUT we strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We are committed to inclusivity and the Treaty of Waitangi and aspire to be the University of choice for Māori and Pacific communities. We welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
Please note that all applications must be submitted through the online application process. For further information, please send us an enquiry here or call 921 9499. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email. You will need to apply through the standard registration process.
How to ApplyAPPLY HERE. Closing Date 7 August 2022, 11:55 PM.
159 total views, 1 today