Full-Time Kaiwhakamahereora Hinengaro – Mental Health Professional Intense Rehabilitation
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Tū pakari tonu mai e te Whare Tapawhā! – Let the house of health and well-being stand strong
He kōrero mō mātou – About us
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal – helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
Ngā Ratonga – Our services
Our service and team are named Te Whare Hurihuri and we are an intensive rehabilitation service, based in South Auckland. Within our 12 bed, mixed gender, residential service we work collaboratively to help tangata whaiora reach their goals and realise their potential.
He kōrero mō te tūranga – The role
This role is for one Kaiwhakamaereora / Mental Health Professional to work with our Intensive Rehabilitation Service based in South Auckland. The role is 40 hours working on a roster system. The successful person will be one of four Mental Health Professionals in our service.
Our Mental Health Professionals are culturally aware and understand the needs of Maori and other cultures. You will facilitate clinical reviews and complete tasks such as personalised planning and implementation of actions towards goals developed in partnership with service users. You will be taking the clinical lead in supporting clients towards their recovery, whilst also coaching and mentoring support staff to achieve great health outcomes for our clients
He kōrero mōu – About you
- Registration with a Professional Body covered by HCPA 2003 Act or Social Worker Registration Act 2003
- Relevant health care degree level qualification (e.g. Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology)
- Current full Annual Practicing Certificate
- Health sector/social service sector or related experience, working effectively with individuals and family Whanau in a complex needs environment
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with a range of Microsoft Office applications and the ability to use electronic client information systems
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills include the following:
- Experience working in Mental Health and Addictions
- Knowledge of community resources and support networks
- Competency in profession specific assessment and interventions
Ko tā mātou mahi – We offer
Not only will you be a part of an amazing whanau here at Te Whare Hurihuri, but you will also have an experienced, humorous, supportive service manager, who is dedicated to developing you into your next step. With Emerge being a national organisation this is easily accomplished.
- Safe and supportive work environment where employees are valued
- Opportunity to be part of a passionate new youth service
- A company that is committed to supporting professional development, inclusive of ten days study leave
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference in the community
- You’ll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals – in return we’ll also help you to reach yours
- Wellness days and other amazing wellness staff benefits
Me pēhea te tono mai – How to apply
Click the apply button now and upload your CV and cover letter telling us about yourself! This role will be advertised until filled so apply today.
Please note: In response to the extension of the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination for this role. For more information, please see Covid-19 information site.
How to ApplyApply now: https://careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz/?job=27946MPJ
362 total views, 1 today