Full-Time Kaiwhakahaere Matua – General Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kaiwhakahaere Matua – General Manager
- Experienced in the NZ health sector as a senior manager, GM or CEO?
- Familiarity with Regional Māori Health Plans?
- Senior leadership position – reporting to Board level.
Senior management position, delivering overall management responsibility for the implementation of organisational health alliance strategy and strategy sector leadership across the EBOP region.
The Eastern Bay Primary Health Alliance (EBPHA) is a Primary Health Organisation (PHO) that is funded by the Bay of Plenty District Health Board, and others to support the provision of essential primary health care services through general practices and health providers to the people of the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
EBPHA provides health services either directly or through its provider members. These services are in place to improve and maintain the health of the enrolled PHO population. The aim is to ensure general practice services are better linked with other primary health services to ensure a seamless continuum of care, to better manage long term conditions and reduces inequalities.
The General Manager is responsible for the achievement of health outcome targets, as set down in the EBPHA strategic plan. The role reports directly into a Board of Trustees, forming a conduit, delivering information, advice, and recommendations. Appropriately balancing various stakeholder needs across the DHB, iwi, hapū, community, and general practice; it leads the strategic planning cycle on behalf of the Board, navigating strategic objectives, translating into operational milestones and achievements.
Ensuring clinical leadership of healthcare delivery plans are realised, the General Manager will achieve health outcome targets, via the hands-on management of a structure of which ensures evolution and adaptation in a world of rapidly changing health services environments. Supporting clinically led development of healthcare delivery strategies, operational remit will include purposefully connecting across all Eastern BOP iwi to review and maintain the agreed Regional Māori Health Plans. As such, the incumbent will be highly familiar with healthcare across the district, displaying a level of comfort working across all aspects of health as it relates to Māori.
Overseeing funding streams and expenditure, you will ensure both alignment and continuous calibration is maintained to deliver on the achievement of health outcome targets.
Developing and maintaining a stakeholder focused workplace culture, your mana and cultural competency will inspire others to come on a journey with you. Promoting a culture that reflects the organisation’s values, and encourages high performance, modelling best practice, innovation, respect, and humility in all you do.
Essential elements for application are to include;
- Minimum degree or higher qualification in a business or health related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the health sector management role.
- Experience in a New Zealand clinical environment.
- High levels of both commercial and financial acumen.
- Experience with change management and the strategic oversight to prepare, leverage and position the EBPHA organisation post Covid19.
- Skilled in negotiation and establishment of service-based contracts.
- The proven ability as a people influencer and people leader.
- The proven ability as a General Manager or CEO an equivalent level in a role requiring high level strategy, management, judgement, risk analysis, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership principles in the health sector environment and how to apply them.
- The demonstration of building a high performing organisational culture, bringing people together and building a unity of purpose.
- Demonstration of establishing, maintaining, and enhancing key strategic partnerships.
- The ability to provide oversight of day to day operational management, planning, reporting, financial and staff management.
- An established skill set in the creation of policies, procedures, and operating practices.
- Personal traits which include being intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Modelling effective and courageous leadership that is innovative and visionary.
Ensuring that all assets and resources are effectively managed; you will develop annual budgets that support operating plans and ensure financial robustness, and sustainability. Reporting and mitigating risk and the responsibility for systems and controls; you will demonstrate organisational agility, managing multiple streams and programmes of work, often at times overseeing complex and competing timelines.
As a hands-on leader, you will transition strategy into operations, and be able to manage a framework which tracks, measures, and realises organisational goals. An awareness and affinity for the needs and aspirations of local communities is essential, and it is anticipated you have previous experience working within the health sector where you have worked with multi-cultural communities, health service funders, providers, and community organisations.
You will be driven by your personal desire to make a significant difference to the health and well-being of all communities, ensure health providers are well supported and secure the ongoing sustainability and autonomy of EBPHA.
To express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding the position, please call on Ph: (09) 632 1108.
Applications close on: Monday the 25th of May 2020 at 5pm.
How to ApplyTo express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at email@example.com. If you have questions regarding the position, please call on Ph: (09) 632 1108. Applications close on: Monday the 25th of May 2020 at 5pm.
898 total views, 5 today