Full-Time Kaitohu – Business Partner – Wellington
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kaitohu – Business Partner, Communication
- Permanent, full-time role
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
The Communications group
The Communications group is critical to the functioning of the Ministry, which currently has the biggest education reforms in decades underway. Last year we led engagement with tens of thousands of the New Zealanders who we serve through hui, fono, social media, media via the Kōrero Mātauranga/Education Conversation in order to listen and respond to their views. We also help our people to continue to adapt to meet new challenges and our changing operating environment. We work in a dynamic and important environment and we have a great team focused on putting ākonga/students at the centre of all we do.
About this role
The Kaitohu -Business Partner, Communications provides account management, integrated communications and trusted expertise to business groups. You will be part of a Communications Accounts team who is building relationships and expertise with our business groups. You will also work proactively across the Communications group.
Key accountabilities are as follows:
- Be a trusted advisor to business team leaders to ensure there are effective communications strategies supporting the Ministry being a proactive partner to the sector
- Provide integrated external and internal communications ‘joined-up’ advice and delivery – drawing on expertise across the Communications group and looking for innovation and the opportunity to continuously improve services
- Ensure all communications material reflects our posture, strategy and priorities
- Work in partnership with Māori to ensure our communications deliver on business group priorities
- Deliver strategic advice, media advice and services to leaders on current and emerging communications issues, including identifying proactive opportunities
- Ensure all voices from Ministry partners and stakeholders are heard and reflected in your communications advice
- Ensure media responses are timely, coordinated and proactive
We’re looking for a Communications Advisor who is passionate about our kaupapa, willing to work with and learn from others and wants to develop their communications skills. You will have strong relationship management skills and be able to work positively across the Ministry and the Communications team, with a purposeful and innovative approach. You will be curious and committed to supporting the Ministry to engage with diverse audiences and stakeholders. A good understanding of social media, visual storytelling, te reo Māori or other languages would also be advantageous.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online’ button.
For further information, please contact Ruth Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyIf this sounds like you, please visit our website to apply for the role.
Please review the position description here.
Applications close Sunday, 25 August 2019.
201 total views, 2 today