Full-Time Kaitautoko Whānau Worker – SWiS
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Hauraki Māori Trust Board is a kaupapa Māori organisation providing social services support to tamariki/children and their whānau/families across Hauraki.
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and committed to change and making a difference for tamariki and their whānau then you may be interested in joining our team. We are looking to employ a full-time Kaitautoko Whānau worker SWiS who will work with a set cluster of schools and as such, you will need to be a qualified and registered Social Worker to be considered for this position.
The SWiS team provide a tamariki centered, whānau focused and strength based service which encourages whānau to make informed lifestyle choices for themselves while ensuring their tamariki have the best education opportunities and start to life.
Essential requirements for the position:
- Degree qualification in Social Work.
- Registration to Social Workers Registration Board (SWRB)
- An understanding of tikanga and reo Māori.
- Computer literate
- Current full, clean driver’s license
- Excellent oral and written skills
Desirable requirements for the position:
- Ability to work in a school environment
- Ability to work in a kaupapa Māori environment
- Knowledge of child health, development and child safety concerns
- Knowledge of whānau/family dynamics, working with difference, family violence, drug and alcohol issues, mental illness and well health, stigmatisation and general societal issues
- Ability to engage and network confidently with Hauraki agencies, whānau, hapū, iwi and general community
- Ability to develop and facilitate programmes to tamariki and whānau
- Developed advocacy, mediation, negotiation, mentoring, facilitation and leadership skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and meet contract deadlines
Applications Close: Wednesday 14th February 2018 at 5:00pm
How to ApplyInterested? Please call Tiare Kopa at Mana Recruitment now on (09) 632 1106 or email your Cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a copy of the job description. Applications Close: Wednesday 14th February 2018 at 5:00pm
888 total views, 2 today