Full-Time Kaitātari Māramatanga Matua | Senior Analyst – Organisational Insights
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand’s national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO’s and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
We are looking for two Senior Analysts to join our team. One of the positions is a perm role and the other will be fixed term until approx March 2022. In your role as Senior Analyst – Organisational Insights, you will report to the Senior Manager – Business Insights and Improvement and work in close partnership with the Principal Advisor – Organisational Reporting and Insights, Principal Advisor – Business Planning and Performance, the Enterprise Business Analyst, the Senior Advisor – Process Improvement and alongside Senior Leaders, and their teams, across the organisation, to drive a deliberate focus on delivering organisational insights.
A catalyst for change, and with a focus on transparency and efficiency, you will be expected to transform robust internal data into clear and engaging insights that support collective decision making and help transform the organisation into one that operates simply and strategically.
This is a critical role for the organisation, that will require working across teams. To ensure success, building trusted relationships and delivering with others will be a significant part of this role.
Starting salary: $83,747 – $98,526 negotiable
Mōu | About you
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent knowledge
- Preferably at least 5 to 8 years – experience in data analytics and the development and presentation of organisational insights.
- Excellent working knowledge of performance reporting methodologies and the development of performance related metrics.
- Significant, demonstrated experience in the systems, tools and methodologies that enable the delivery of effective insights.
- Demonstrated success in facilitation and coaching to deliver collaborative outcomes.
- Ability to engage, collaborate and influence across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to translate a variety of data into simple and effective stories.
You’ll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career (coaching culture, study support, secondments, acting up)
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- 3 departmental leave days (usually taken over Christmas office closure)
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don’t delay, apply via our career site now.
Any questions that haven’t been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on 25 October but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
How to ApplyCheck out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ. Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process. You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
165 total views, 1 today