Full-Time Kaiawhina (Support Workers) – West Auckland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Haere mai, nau mai, piki mai, nga waka, nga mana, nga reo, nau mai!
Multiple Full-time positions
If you want to make a positive difference by supporting people with impairments and/or mental health conditions in their everyday lives in a kaupapa Maori whare (homes) based environment then this could be the role for you. We are looking for people who want to support the independence of tangata (people we support) so they can have great lives, make choices about how they live, and what they do.
We are specifically interested in recruiting fit and agile individuals for full-time positions to support tangata with high and complex needs. We have multiple positions available in the West Auckland area. This could be your opportunity to work closer to home.
Some of the key duties in this rewarding and at the same time challenging role will include but are not limited to driving, nutritious meal planning and cooking (vegetarian and non-vegetarian), shopping, housework, gardening, personal care and hygiene as well as assisting with inclusion of tangata in cultural, social, spiritual and sports activities.
Working under the supervision of a Kaiarahi (house-Leader) the key requirement of these roles are:
- Absolute honesty and reliability
- A high standard of responsive, client centered care and support
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to be a team player
- Proactively uphold Health and Safety legal standards and organisational requirements
- A good level of fitness to undertake this active role.
- Must be able to commit to 24/7 rotating roster including weekends, public holiday and working night shifts
- Current NZ full driver’s license and confidence in driving manual vans and cars
- A clear Ministry of Justice check
- A commitment to tikanga Maori and adapting the values and practices into daily work
- Experience in the disability/health sector particularly with people of high and complex needs would be an advantage
- Ability to speak te reo Maori would be an advantage
- Relevant qualification would be an advantage
Te Roopu Taurima is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai - if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/jobs
Call Ravini on 09 259 9031 for further information.
Applications close 02 July 2018
549 total views, 1 today