Fixed-term Kaiārahi Rōpū – Team Leaders – 2023 Census (Nationwide Locations)
Tīhei mauri ora rau rangatira mā. He karanga motuhake tēnei ki a koutou me tō mātou hiahia ki tētahi kaiārahi rōpū mō ā mātou mahi tatauranga, kohi raraunga e tū mai nei. Kawea mai ō Pūkenga me ō pū manawa. Ka nui te whakamihi atu ki a koutou, mā te Atua koutou e manaaki, kia ora tātou katoa, ka huri.
- Support, influence and motivate your team to gather data about your community
- Great pay rates + completion payment + allowances
- 321 full-time temporary positions across Aotearoa from 7/11/22 – 6/04/23
These are jobs that really count. By joining the Stats NZ Census programme, you’ll be helping to build the future for your local communities by ensuring everyone takes part, is counted and is represented in the data collected in the next census.
Can we count on you to make a difference for census and for your community?
In return you will receive great pay rates + upon full completion of assignment you will be paid a completion payment equivalent to ten percent (10%) of paid hours worked + you will receive allowances + paid training + KiwiSaver employer contributions paid to all those opting in including 65+ years.
Mō te mahi | The work
Be part of telling the story of life in Aotearoa and apply to be a Field Operations Team Leader today!
The census is the only survey in Aotearoa that covers the whole population. It provides the most complete picture of life in our cities, towns, suburbs, and rural areas. The data collected helps the government plan services including hospitals, kōhanga reo, schools, roads, and public transport.
Mō te tūnga | The role
As a Field Operations Team Leader, you will work collaboratively with other census teams (including Regional, Area, and Community Engagement Managers) and lead a team of Census Field Collectors. This role provides the opportunity of working from home and spending time out in the field supporting your teams.
The Census Field Operations Team Leader positions are critical to the success of the 2023 Census
Through face-to-face interaction, you and your team will help the people in your community:
- Understand the value of census and the importance of participating
- Feel empowered to engage in census and complete their forms
This is even more important for Māori, Pacific and migrant communities, who have traditionally had lower rates of response and, as a result, have not featured clearly in the data New Zealand uses to fund things like hospitals and healthcare, schools, and housing. Helping your community to understand this link is crucial and a key part of the leadership role you will hold within the operation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Daily management and support of your team
- Organising and allocating work schedules
- Resolving issues
- Supporting your people to empower their community to participate in the 2023 Census.
Mōu | About you
We want to hear from you if:
- You have great life skills and experience
- You’re well connected within your community and area
- You can communicate well and maintain good relationships
- You’re someone who gets things done for your community, on your marae or within your tamariki’s sports team.
- You can work your way around technology and systems e.g. emails, texts and mobile apps.
- A level of physical fitness as you’ll be helping your team door knocking around your area
- A current New Zealand Driver’s Licence (restricted licence at a minimum)
- Access to a secure, roadworthy vehicle with a minimum of third-party insurance
- Commitment to full-time (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday) November to January and then expanding to evenings and weekends February, March to April 6th 2023.
- The right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand and willingness to undergo relevant pre-employment checks (essential).
Mō mātou | About Us
Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and iwi organisations, businesses, NGOs and New Zealanders make every day. The structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind – mobilised and working together to realise our vision: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa – data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Stats NZ is partnering with PERSOLKELLY and Mana Recruitment to recruit the best candidates for their Census Field Operations teams.
At PERSOLKELLY and Mana Recruitment, the values of tika, pono and aroha (integrity, respect and compassion) are at the heart of everything we do and are the cornerstone from which everything else flows.
Nau mai, uru mai!
Te Tono – How to apply:
To apply now please register at www.censusjobs.co.nz
How to ApplyTo apply now please register at www.censusjobs.co.nz
1171 total views, 2 today