Full-Time Kaiarahi (House Leader) – West Auckland
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Haere mai, nau mai, piki mai, nga waka, nga mana, nga reo, nau mai!
If you want to make a positive difference and maximise the independence for people with an intellectual impairment and/or mental health condition, and you embrace the thought of being challenged, developed and rewarded both personally and professionally, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
The position of a Kaiarahi (House Leader) is a permanent full-time opportunity to work for a national non-government organisation. Te Roopu Taurima is the largest kaupapa Maori disability support service in New Zealand and takes pride in delivering a point of difference by applying Maori tikanga (protocols) daily.
We are seeking a dedicated person who will bring positivity, flexibility, confidence and compassion to the organisation. The role requires sound leadership with the ability to work with a team and across a wider team of diverse groups of people, in order to provide a better life for those we support.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
- Minimum Level 4 Certificate in Human Services, health or an equivalent
- Has at least two years of experience working in the Health & Disability Sector
- Has frontline management or supervisor experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Must be able to commit to 24/7 rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays
- Honesty, reliability and integrity at all times
- Computer literacy
- Promote and be willing to engage in the use of te reo and tikanga Maori
You must have;
- A full current NZ Drivers’ License with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- A clear Ministry of Justice check
Te Roopu Taurima is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai - if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/jobs
Call Ravini on 09 259 9031 for further information
Applications close on 02nd July 2018
364 total views, 3 today