Full-Time International Manager
- Auckland, New Zealand
- UoA Department Name: International Office
- Advert Closing Date: 02/02/2020
- Campus: Auckland City Campus
- Contract Type: Permanent
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university, with a turnover of $1.1bn, including research revenue of over $200m generated across eight diverse faculties and two research institutes. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
Whilst we remain firmly committed to our regional community, we are determined to deliver against ambitious international strategic priorities, the major objective of this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Senior International Manager, the International Manager (EDSW and CAI) will work closely with the Senior International Manager, Faculty Dean/s, Associate and Assistant Dean/s in both the Faculty of Education and Social Work (EDSW) and in the Faculty of Creative Arts and Industries (CAI). The International Manager will also work with the Director and the Deputy Director International Office to develop and implement strategies to achieve their two faculties’ internationalisation goals, including international student recruitment targets. This role International Manager EDSW and CAI is a permanent full time position.
About the role
You will also play a critical role within the International Office itself, contributing to the development of strategic and annual operational plans, growing our network of key institutional partners and helping shape key marketing messages. You will build key relationships with offshore education agencies, identifying business opportunities and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions and trends. A key focus will be championing the international marketing and recruitment challenge in the Indian Subcontinent for The University of Auckland. The role contributes to the University’s International Strategy and its objectives.
Who are we looking for?
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong track record of leadership and stakeholder management, together with a commitment to results-oriented, collaborative and evidence-based ways of working.
- You will have experience of strategic marketing and recruitment in the tertiary education environment, identifying particular targets and working with academics, profiling their programmes of study, combined with customer relationship management, and having the professionalism to represent the University internationally.
- Candidates will need to be experienced in data analysis and reporting, as there will be a requirement to report on student recruitment data extensively.
- Proactivity, energy, and efficiency will be key, as will an ability to inspire confidence and respect while working effectively with different groups of people and cultures.
This is a challenging and exciting role, rewarding in the tangible nature of your achievements in the position. Your efforts will directly contribute to the continued success of the University, in particular in meeting targets for the recruitment of international students, with many of whom you can look forward to fostering ongoing relationships.
You should be prepared for extensive overseas travel and have a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary (Professional Level 6 band) with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information, please visit Staff Benefits.
Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most livable cities and is continually ranked one of the best places in the world to live and raise a family. For more information on moving to New Zealand, click here
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Monday 2nd March to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: 2nd March 2020.
180 total views, 3 today