Full-Time Hostel Boarding Manager / Kaiawhina
InZone Education Foundation provides Māori and Pasifika secondary students the opportunity to live in a whānau-like hostel environment in the zones of Auckland Grammar School and Epsom Girls Grammar School.
We are seeking to recruit a Boarding Manager to work at our boys hostel Monday to Friday 2pm to 10.30pm.
The Boarding Managers role is to assist and oversee the daily operations at the InZone Kāinga whilst ensuring rangatahi are safe, secure, engaged and supported.
The ability to speak Te Reo Māori and experience in Tikanga and Kapa haka is a benefit for this role.
Role and Responsibility
- As sole charge you will be required to meet all pastoral needs of the rangatahi on site as well as housekeeping duties.
- Daily tasks may include;
- General cleaning and laundry
- Meal preparation and service
- Transportation of rangatahi
- Pastoral care including attending to medical needs
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Genuine empathy, passion and desire to build positive relationships and support Māori and Pasifika rangatahi to help them achieve optimal outcomes in their health, wellbeing, academic and sporting endeavours
- High energy and the ability to motivate and inspire rangatahi to positively engage in activities, school work and other opportunities presented to them
- An understanding and appreciation for “a home away from home” with the ability to provide a homely, welcoming and inclusive environment in a disciplined and focused manner
- Desire to be part of a team who trust and support one another and demonstrate collaboration and unity to deliver the best outcomes for our rangatahi
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure, exercise initiative, judgement and flexibility in dealing with competing priorities, needs and deadlines
- The flexibility to adapt to changing environments, different personalities and challenging circumstances with a smile
- A can-do attitude where nothing is too difficult and a genuine willingness to help with administrative and housekeeping tasks as required
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective and accurate communication with management, staff, rangatahi, whānau and other stakeholders
- Must hold a current Full Drivers License and First Aid Certificate.
It is critical that all of our team align to the values of InZone as they are the essence of who we are and have been created from our thoughts and alignment to the InZone kaupapa.
- Manakitanga – Generosity, Aroha and Loyalty.
- Kia Tika, Kia Pono – Respect, Integrity, Fairness, Tautoko.
- Kia Māia – Courage, Determination, Striving for Excellence.
- Kotahitanga – Unity, Solidarity, Common purpose.
How to ApplyPlease send covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
6901 total views, 107 today