Full-Time Head of School – School of Indigenous Graduate Studies
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Head of School – School of Indigenous Graduate Studies
- Permanent, Full Time
- Whakatāne based
Do you want to be part of a transformative approach to educational leadership in New Zealand, where āhuatanga Māori is at the heart of everything we do?
- Based in Whakatane
- Dynamic education provider
- Professor/Associate Professor title (applicable to candidate’s academic experience)
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution, which offers a range of programmes from certificates to doctorates, across a range of disciplines. We are focused on setting and achieving at the highest level and have more than 200 Māori Masters’ and Doctorate students.
The successful candidate will lead our Indigenous Graduate School in the quality delivery of post graduate programmes, to students at multiple sites. They will provide strategic leadership to ensure quality programme delivery, outstanding staff performance, and a sustainable portfolio of programmes moving forward. They will have authentic leadership experience, are focussed on excellence and continuous improvement in programme content and delivery. Consistent with the standards expected, you will also ensure that staff are actively engaged in research and are able to build a high-quality research portfolio.
The criteria for this key leadership role includes;
- A PhD (essential).
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori and knowledge of Tikanga Māori and its application, in a Kaupapa Māori environment.
- Experience in a senior academic leadership role, preferably in the tertiary sector.
- 7+ years of staff leadership and management experience.
- Financial management experience including budget management.
- Hands on teaching experience and sound knowledge of the tertiary sector.
- Research experience, including evidence of securing external research funding.
- Knowledge of NZQA framework and programme accreditation requirements.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret data, issues and situations.
- Sound understanding of risk management processes and procedures.
We seek candidates who are a person of a high character, who will have the courage to deal with issues as they arise and address them, backed up with sound decision-making and highly tuned, people management skill. You will oversee the development and implementation of programme development plans, including risk and review, and you will draw knowledge from a comparable environment where they have demonstrated expertise and strong leadership.
In return, you will be supported by a highly functioning leadership team and will thrive in an environment that promotes and encourages the highest level of academic achievement.
On offer, is a salary and benefit package positioned to attract the highest level of applicant, within an organisation that is committed to providing a supportive, healthy working environment, where targeted professional and skill development programmes are encouraged.
Please contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
946 total views, 1 today