Full-Time Head of School – Indigenous Graduate Studies
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Based in Whakatāne, the “Sunshine Capital of the world”
- Dynamic education provider
Be part of a transformative approach to educational leadership in New Zealand, where āhuatanga Māori is at the heart of everything the organisation does.
This organisation is focussed on setting and achieving at the highest educational level and has 180+ Māori Masters and Doctorate students.
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is a vibrant and exciting tertiary education institution providing a dynamic learning environment where students discover their own potential for educational success.
Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi is unique in the tertiary education landscape in New Zealand as they offer education programmes from level 1 (adult and community education) through to level 10 (doctorate).
The organisation is currently going through change and this is an exciting opportunity for an outstanding candidate to contribute to the next chapter in the organisation’s story.
The successful candidate will lead our Indigenous Graduate School in the quality delivery of post graduate programmes, to students at multiple sites.
This position requires authentic leadership focussed on excellence and continuous improvement in programme content and delivery.
You will provide strategic leadership to ensure quality programme delivery, outstanding staff performance and a sustainable portfolio of programmes moving forward.
Criteria for this position is to include:
- PhD is essential.
- Fluency in Te Reo Māori and knowledge of Tikanga Māori and its application, in a Kaupapa Māori environment.
- Experience in a senior academic leadership role, preferably in the tertiary sector.
- 7 + years of staff leadership and management.
- Financial management experience including budget management.
- Hands on teaching experience and sound knowledge of the tertiary sector.
- Research experience, including evidence of active, research portfolio.
- Knowledge of NZQA framework and programme accreditation requirements.
- Ability to analyse, investigate and interpret data, issues and situations.
- Sound understanding of risk management processes and procedures.
You will have up to 10 direct reports, naturally, you will be someone of a high character who will have the courage to deal with issues as they arise and address them, backed up with sound decision-making and highly tuned, people management skills.
Also overseeing the development and implementation of programme development plans, including risk and review, you will draw knowledge from a comparable environment where you have demonstrated expertise and strong leadership.
In return, you will be supported by a highly functioning leadership team and will thrive in an environment that promotes and encourages the highest level of academic achievement.
On offer, is a salary and benefit package positioned to attract the highest level of applicant, within an organisation that is committed to providing a supportive, healthy working environment, where targeted professional and skill development programmes are encouraged.
Applications for this role close on Monday 3rd December 2018 at 5:00pm.
How to ApplyPlease contact Heather Walker for a confidential conversation now on (09) 632 1108 or email your up-dated CV and covering letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications for this role close on Monday 3rd December 2018 at 5:00pm.
495 total views, 8 today