Full-Time Head of Māori Engagement
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
This newly created role is the opportunity for the right individual to help shape and guide our organisation. It is expected that the successful candidate will grow and adapt this role as appropriate. You will also get to choose your own AKA (ie fun) title for the role.
Key Purpose of Role
The key purpose of this role is to increase rangatahi participation in enterprise programmes, including but not limited to The Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme (YES). This role is a key position on the senior leadership team and takes ownership of developing and implementing a Māori strategy for Young Enterprise.
- Engage – Māori language, context, values and tikanga embedded into the design and delivery of programmes and events.
- Support – support participating students through relevant and appropriate resources and staff
- Challenge – challenge Māori students both within their own environment and beyond with entrepreneurial activity (and challenge non-Māori students within Māori contexts)
- Connect – connect students to opportunities, community and businesses
This position plays a key role in driving positive outcomes for rangatahi and strengthening the pathways to enterprise education and experiences for tauira Māori. This is measured in three ways:
- Grow the number of tauira Māori who benefit from our resources, programmes or events.
- Create greater learning outcomes and impact for the tauira Māori we engage with.
- Increase the local support, community/whanau/hapu/iwi engagement, and opportunities for enterprise education for tauira Māori in key regions.
The role has a small team which includes a Māori Outreach Coordinator and a number of contract facilitators for our Rangatahi Business Challenge.
Key Responsibilities of Role
Responsibilities for this role fall into the following areas:
- Strategy – develop a strategy for the work to better engage more tauira Māori.
- Community Engagement – develop local relationships with iwi and Māori leaders.
- Funding and Funder Management – manage existing contracts and secure renewals or new funding.
- Programme Development – ownership of Māori specific programmes and input into all other resources from the Trust.
- Programme Delivery – oversee the delivery of the Rangatahi Business Challenge and the team who organise / deliver this programme.
- Cultural journey – provide a leadership position for our organisation as it pertains to cultural capabilty and act as an advisor to the CEO and Management Team on cultural matters and tikanga.
- General responsibilities – as a lean charity, all team members are expected to chip in where needed.
How to ApplyApplications close at 5pm on Monday 10th February. To download a copy of a full job description or to apply, please visit http://youngenterprise.org.nz/job-vacancies/. For any questions, email email@example.com
538 total views, 1 today