Full-Time Head of Boarding (Boys & Girls)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Head of Boarding (Boys & Girls)
- Epsom Location
- Fulltime, Permanent Role
- Accommodation provided (Live-In Optional)
Are you an individual that is passionate about serving in an environment that is driven and committed to empowering, encouraging and equipping rangatahi, our future leaders?
Do you have proven experience in a mentoring/leadership capacity and pastoral care?
InZone Education Foundation is a charitable organisation that provides Māori and Pacific island students with an opportunity to live in a whānau-like hostel environment at two central locations and attend Auckland Grammar School and Epsom Girls Grammar School. Our students come from various areas of Aotearoa and our role is to provide wrap around support academically and pastorally.
In your role as Head of Boarding, you will wear a number of hats and juggle many priorities, so you will need to tap into all of your skills and expertise to ensure the best outcomes for students, residing at the hostels.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An ability to build relationships across AGS and EGGS and an awareness of educational curriculum.
- Experience in property management as you will have overall responsibility for Auckland based boarding hostels and staffing.
- Leadership and management experience, in a similar role.
- The ability to create meaningful relationships with all staff, students, whānau and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of Te Ao Māori and Te reo Māori will be advantageous, however not imperative.
- Proven Experience in Pastoral Care and commitment to providing guidance and mentoring to students.
- Effective communication at all levels.
As an experienced Boarding Manager, you will become part of the Management team at InZone, and be responsible for leading your team and carrying out day to day activities. Alongside your superb communication skills (both verbal and written) you will be well equipped with working unsupervised. Your sound planning skills and ability to multi-task will see you working well under pressure to meet deadlines.
In addition you will:
- Manage all aspects of student recruitment.
- Demonstrate and ability to work unsupervised and be a confident decision maker.
- Complete administration relating to the hostel including rostering across both sites.
- Be a confident decision maker in crisis situations.
- Maintain a safe and supportive environment for students and staff.
- Hold a current/clean Full Drivers Licence.
On offer is a competitive remuneration, a great team environment and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo a Police check. Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency/ NZ Citizenship.
Applications close Wednesday 30th May 2018, 5pm.
How to ApplyApplications close Wednesday 30th May 2018, 5pm. If this sounds like you, please send your updated CV and cover letter through to Violetta email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 632 1108 for a confidential discussion.
721 total views, 1 today