Permanent Group Services Team Leader – Faculty of Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering is committed to creating an environment where people thrive and contribute to improving the quality of life in national and global communities, as well as enhancing the wealth creation of the nation, through excellence in teaching, research and service.
We have an exciting opportunity to appoint a Group Services Team Leader to join our busy team on a full time, permanent basis. We are looking for an experienced, efficient and collaborative team member to fill this role.
This role, based at the Auckland City campus will take responsibility for leading our team of Group Services Coordinators and Administrators.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
- Leading, managing and developing a team of Group Services Coordinators and Administrators, providing support and clear expectations for the achievement of the Group Services function and purpose
- Working with a range of stakeholders such as Academic Heads, Course Directors, Academic and Research staff to support the strategic direction and goals of the faculty
- Working closely with the Group Services Manager to ensure the smooth running of Faculty administration and maintain continuous improvement
- Undertake specialist portfolios and responsibilities as assigned by the Group Services Manager associated with providing administrative support to our academic colleagues. This may include GSC or GSA tasks to support our larger departments, ad hoc projects and support during peak; specifics will be discussed with the successful candidate.
He kōrero mōu | About you
- Have experience working in a supervision role within the tertiary education sector
- Be tertiary qualified or have proven relevant experience
- Be experienced working in a fast-paced environment working with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship and administrative skills making you a proven effective leader
- Be flexible, collaborative and approachable – a focus on the team and team growth
- Be able to work independently, using initiative to solve problems requiring judgement and interpretation of established information
- Have outstanding customer focus, demonstrated through reliable and efficient service to stakeholders
- Have a good standard of computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office suites
Previous experience working in a tertiary environment will be viewed favourably.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ more than 5400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through flexible employment practices and a culture that encourages and supports staff to reach their full potential. We offer a competitive salary, five weeks’ annual leave per year, and over 300 different career development courses.
For more information please visit: Career development and benefits.
How to apply
Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
Applications must be submitted online, by Friday, 9th October 2020 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQITakatāpui+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz.
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Friday, 9th October 2020
109 total views, 3 today