Full-Time Group Services Coordinator – Faculty of Science
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Group Services Coordinator – Faculty of Science
Start date – Early January 2019
The Faculty of Science at the University of Auckland seeks an organised, efficient and pro-active Group Services Coordinator to join our Group Services team. This position provides executive administrative support to the Head of School for Environment with an emphases on delivering exceptional service to our internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for the coordination of day-to-day activities within the Faculty, including arranging staff travel, having event oversight and liaising with other University staff to achieve outcomes.
The key duties of this role include:
- Supporting the Head of School with administration requirements including diary management, travel bookings and leave management;
- Facilitating staff recruitment processes and staff on-boarding
- Being a key point of contact for the Faculty and liaising with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting staff and students with academic processes
- Keeping up to date (and advising) on university policy, procedures and guidelines
The successful applicant will need:
- Previous administration experience, ideally gained in a tertiary environment;
- A natural relationship builder with stakeholders
- An innate ability to multi-task and prioritise in order to meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills,
- To be proficient using Microsoft packages including, Word, Excel, and Outlook;
If you have demonstrated, strong senior administrative skills, are proactive, organised and capable, this could be the perfect chance to grow your career.
The University of Auckland (42,000 students) is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices
- Career development programmes
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
- Company superannuation scheme, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information please visit Staff Benefits.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of Sunday 25th November 2018 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and CV combined as one document.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 20261. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact email@example.com or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 25th November 2018.
291 total views, 3 today