Full-Time Group Services Coordinator (Faculty of Science)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university. We employ 5,400 academic and professional staff to support over 41,000 students, making us one of NZ’s largest employers. Our success is a result of the great people that work here. Join our diverse community as we strive for a better world through excellence in research, learning, and innovation. We are passionate about professional development; find out how you can Build Your Career with us.
We currently have a great opportunity for a proactive, organised and dedicated Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing executive support to one or more academic heads. The role also provide general administrative support for staff and students within schools and / or departments.
If you have demonstrated, strong senior administrative skills, are proactive, organised and capable, this could be perfect chance to grow your career.
- Provide executive administrative support to the academic head(s) as required including diary management and co-ordination of meetings
- Liaise with Finance team to provide financial information to assist department budgeting e.g. oversight of budget expenditure
- Liaise with a wide range of internal and external visitors, which may include organising accommodation and visitor itineraries etc.
- Liaise with the Communications and Marketing team to co-ordinate and update departmental handbooks and website material.
- Liaise with Events team to coordinate appropriate administrative support, equipment and facilities to ensure the successful execution of events
- Liaise with HR and assist staff to produce and co-ordinate documentation required for promotion, continuation, research and study leave and annual performance reviews,
- Provide administrative support for all department specific meetings, research support workshops, seminars and panels
- Organise authorised business travel for staff, students and examiners, which may include field trips, paying particular attention to the travel, entertainment and expenses policy
- Support the administration of applications for scholarships, prizes and awards
- Provide general administrative support as required by the Academic Head or Group Services Manager
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary qualification or relevant experience
- Previous experience in a senior administrative role, working with several stakeholders
- Good standard of computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office suites
- Ability to work independently, using initiative to solve problems requiring judgement and interpretation of established information
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Outstanding customer focus, demonstrated through reliable and efficient service to stakeholders
To work with us and build your career, please apply online today. For further information or questions, contact Karren Maltseva on 923 7639 or email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 14th January 2018. All applications must be made online – please visit www.opportunities.auckland.ac.nz
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other equity issues go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
How to ApplyIn order to apply you will first need to register with the University by completing an online user profile via their website. APPLY NOW by clicking HERE to register with the University's website. Search by the Job ID number: 19451. Please combine your cover letter and CV as one document when submitting your application. To successfully download the full Job Description you should ensure you have pop-up blocker disabled and file downloads enabled (in Internet Explorer enabling file downloads is done by navigating to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level and select radio button to enable File Downloads). If you are experiencing difficulty in any aspect of the application process or if you do not receive a confirmation email that you have applied for a role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone 09 923 1115. Applications close: Sunday 14th January 2018.
748 total views, 2 today