Full-Time Group Manager – (Taiao) Environment
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Group Manager – (Taiao) Environment
Led organisations with an inspired vision or sense of core purpose? Provide high-level strategic advice on both environmental and resource management matters.
- Passionate people leader?
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NZ Resource Management sector and the RMA?
- Identify strategic opportunities to roadmap this organisations’ future direction
This innovative organisation delivers a wide range of iwi-lead initiatives within the environmental, health and social, areas in which they operate. Strategically shaping participation and influence across relevant environmental policy and planning frameworks, this organisation and the role of Group Manager is responsible for overseeing the development of long-term future focused environmental projects.
Drawing from your considerable experience, existing organisational relationship arrangements, legislation, sector and community groups, you will provide robust industry insights, evaluations and ultimately organisational direction. Providing leadership and advocacy, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of the NZ Resource Management sector and the Resource Management Act (RMA) and other co-occurring environmental legislation. With senior level policy and planning experience with the RMA you will have proven yourself as a leader of people, and influencer, and have built considerable Mana amongst your industry peers. Enhancing current relationships and forging new connections, you will be able to operate from the board room to a grass roots level, taking your people on the journey with you.
Delivering outstanding cultural, social and environmental outcomes, your role will provide operational leadership and direction, with a strategic responsibly to actively promote and seek out opportunities to extend and develop knowledge and application.
Reporting to GM, with a dotted line to the Board, the position takes an organisation-wide view of the need for changes and improvements. Developing and implementing initiatives that will achieve positive and sustainable change, you will have managed organisational change at a senior level and have the skills to work via a continuous improvement lens. Having worked within comparatively complex organisations, you will have comfort in leading operational transformations and have had solid experience leading people. Setting team direction; communicating clear expectations of the standards of performance required , accountability and service delivery expected ; you will be a hands-on leader, translating strategy into operations , whilst managing a framework which tracks, measures and realises organisational goals.
Skills, knowledge and experience for application are to include;
- 5 + years’ experience in building, leading and managing highly technical teams.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Resource Management Act and sound understanding of the NZ Resource Management sector and related sectors.
- Knowledge of Te Reo me ona tikanga Māori and experience operating in a bi-cultural environment.
- Considerable experience in a comparable position providing strategic advice and guidance.
- The established status and ability as a people influencer and people leader.
- Strong financial literacy and commercial business acumen.
- A highly transparent communication style; ability to lead via a ‘a culture of no surprises’
- The prior demonstration of establishing, maintaining and enhancing key strategic partnerships.
- The reputation for trustworthiness and integrity, and the Mana and the personal maturity to produce confidence and loyalty.
- The experience and skill to translate organisational strategy into operational outcomes.
- Have led teams or organisations with an inspired vision or sense of core purpose.
- Significant people leadership and mentoring experience.
- The demonstration of strong operational and relatable people management skills
- Intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- A suitable qualification or relevant experience that supports the expectations of the role.
A strong and visible leader, you have the self-regulating behaviors to remain calm in challenging and difficult circumstance and have the non – emotive responses and to perform effectively under pressure. Results focussed, with a proven track record of driving outcomes, you will take pride in role modelling best practice. The nature of the position requires a strong operational skill set of a people leader who is committed and motivated to others on a journey of change to deliver best practice organisational outcomes.
Employing your ability to build and enhance strong relationships, you will identify and create strategic opportunities to participate and influence within relevant environmental frameworks at a local as well as at a national level. Providing advocacy and leadership you will spearhead environmental resource management sector and forums at local, regional and national level. Ensuring the organisation is involved with and aware of future developments within the environment sector in order to make strategic decisions, you will analyse the key issues, challenges and opportunities facing the sector, and define an overall direction for environmental management that is consistent with the organisation’s strategic direction, and translates into operational and staff objectives.
Experience or exposure to post settlement environment would be highly desirable
Tokoroa based, with travel that covers the Central North Island, you will be self-monitoring, motivated and highly organized.
You will be expecting a remuneration level consummate with your skills knowledge and experience within the New Zealand market.
To express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at MANA Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have questions regarding the position, please call on (09) 632 1108.
Applications close on Monday the 6thth of January 2020 at 5.00pm.
How to ApplyTo express an interest on a strictly confidential basis please email your cover letter and current CV through to Heather Walker at MANA Recruitment at email@example.com or if you have questions regarding the position, please call on (09) 632 1108. Applications close on Monday the 20th January 2020 at 5pm.
737 total views, 8 today