Full-Time Group Manager – Portfolio Management Office
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
- Develop and lead a high performing Property Portfolio Management Office
- Drive transformation and continuous improvement
- Opportunity to use your exceptional communication and relationship skills
Help shape the future of education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, manages the Crown’s second largest property portfolio of around 2,100 schools with a book value of $19.6 billion, the largest payroll in the country, and transportation of over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
About the role
The Group Manager – PMO will lead the Property Portfolio Management functions which encompass all school property projects and programmes data, reporting, performance, practice improvement, capability development, culture/engagement and programming of projects.
A key focus will be to bring together teams from previously different groups with different systems and levels of maturity to establish an integrated high performing Property Portfolio Management Office (PMO) recognised for transparent accurate reporting and focussed on supporting the Property Delivery group to improve project and programme performance.
You will have Relevant professional qualifications in project and programme management and/or significant experience managing a large construction infrastructure related Portfolio or Programme Management Office
You will also offer the following:
- a track record of success and results in a senior management role in a large and complex infrastructure delivery organisation
- proven ability to deliver results/improvements to key systems in complex organisational settings
- highly developed relationship management skills with a proven ability to consult and influence at all levels
- exceptional communication and presentation skills – this role is highly visible and is a leader of strategic change and will be required to communicate complex changes to people of all levels and groups of all sizes.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi’s guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please review the position description by copying nad pasting this link into your browser: https://expressonline.haineslink.co.nz/pdfs/676166_JobDesc.pdf
How to ApplyIf this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the 'Apply Online' button. For further information please contact Kim McGregor at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close midnight - Sunday, 7 March 2021.
84 total views, 7 today